CS HArnesses? | FerrariChat

CS HArnesses?

Discussion in '360/430' started by tom86t, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tom86t

tom86t Rookie

Sep 9, 2004
    CS was not delivered with Hrarnesses. I want to install them. How do the factory harnesses mount? Do you need a cross bar in the rear, or do they bolt the the seat bolts? If anyone could let me know

Tom

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I asked the same question a few threads back and I got nothing! There's a thread somewhere here with pictures of OEM harnesses installed and the guy who posted the pics won't say where he got them. Like it's a class A felony or something if he gives out the info. Pathetic!

I also got a lot of unsolicited advice on why harnesses are really a bad idea without a roll cage. Don't remember asking anything about that.
    Simply asked, where does one get these harnesses. It seems like there's really something fishy here. The entire FChat community has suddenly gone mute on this subject.... Go figure.

3. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Alex,
    there the kind of people that giver Ferrari owners a bad name. Most people already think Ferrari owners are arogent and obnoxious people and then you have people like the person your talking about and others that add fuel to the fire!!

4. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    u 2 ppl need to chill the fock out.
    i personally know the guy(titanium cs with harness). he does not wish to reveal the info because the person who hooked the deal up for him did not wish the info revealed.
    no matter u think its unnecessary or stupid or pathetic or whatever, he was just being a good guy and kept his promise thats all. u gotta be one dumb fock to call that arrogant(and u did not even spell the shiet right).

5. udalmia

udalmia Guest

You 2 can go f*ck yourself. Thats the last time I contribute something on FC.

6. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    All this about a harness?!?!

7. tom86t

tom86t Rookie

Sep 9, 2004
    All I want to know is how ferrari installs them from the factory. We fell into this car, we didn't order it. The guy who ordered it, did not order the harnesses. Did Ferrari install a cage in every car with harnesses? (doubtfull), did they bolt the harnesses to the seat mounting bolts?

Tom

8. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Wow you folks certainly get hot under the collar!

Perhaps the real answer lies in the fact that harnesses and roll cage are NOT DOT homologated in the US - ie they are illegal for road use. Therefore, anyone doing an aftermarket transformation may not want his "name in lights".

Also, you may void the factory warranty by changing the spec on your car to one that is not US approved..... so watch out.

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    tom, from what i know. u need to get roll bar installed in u want the harness. as for who will install roll bar for sure, i am pretty sure your dealer(or they outsourcing welding shop) will do it for u.

10. tom86t

tom86t Rookie

Sep 9, 2004

All very true but that is not the point. This is for the few times the cs is taken on the track, I don't want my face planted into the windshield during heavy braking. I understand that I don't have a cage and have little protection in a roll-over. Again that is not the point. I don't care about if it is DOT approved. Just interested in how F mounted the darn harnesses.

11. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    #11 WCH, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    fwiw; the waist belts can be attached by removing the US spec belts and replacing with the 4 point bits. As for the shoulders ... I don't know.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    #12 WCH, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. tom86t

tom86t Rookie

Sep 9, 2004

Thanks

14. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    There are alternatives for that! They don't involve modifying the car, welding, etc. And they don't put your life at greater risk in the case of a rollover.

A simple clip on the stock lap belt can lock your butt into the seat. To keep your torso in place, you can buy a simple strap that wraps around the seat and you. Together, you won't slide around at all in cornering, let alone braking. Easy, comfy, cheap, and trivial to remove after the track day. And, in the case of rollover, your torso can slump over the strap such that your neck is not forced to be the roof support.

However, if your only interest is in the factory harnesses, we in the US are not being obstinate or arrogant... the vast majority of us simply do NOT know... we're not keeping it from you. Your best bet is to talk with a dealer or Ferrari mechanic in Europe... or a European owner with the harnesses. However, none of those will be able to tell you what might be missing/different in the US cars.

Most likely, someone will need to do a disassembly in Europe and then a disassembly in the US to tell you exactly what needs to be done.

Good luck in your quest (though I still strongly recommend you look at doing the rollbar at the same time).

15. ljsaia

ljsaia Rookie

Mar 25, 2003
    Houma, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Lyndon Saia
    Brian:

I'm interested in the clip and strap. Can you give me more details on this option.