ready for 1200 miles trip | FerrariChat

ready for 1200 miles trip

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Roland E Linder, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #1 Roland E Linder, Apr 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    What a flashback! Good Luck and have fun!

3. Matt550

Matt550 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Littleton Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt M.
    That would be a fun! Enjoy the trip Roland. That is a nice car I took a peek at the car when it was at FoD

4. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Did you decide which route you're taking?

5. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Bob, ready to leave in a 1/2 hour. I 70 than 15 to Vegas, I might call
    when on tyhe road. Who knows, we might stop to visit your 365 GTC...
    I might connect with Dan Echino and Lambo who on his wayto pick me up in San Diego. It would be cool to do a bunch of the road together..
    See you soon. BTW, did you find mt LM ??? hahaha!!
    Roland
    F40LM

6. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Wow! That car is beautiful!!!! Have a good trip!!!!

7. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Have a good time. How many miles are on the 365?

8. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    52,530 km

9. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    The GTC ran like a train for 1200 miles, no trouble and no oil burned. Thanks Dave Helm for the prep work, the Valentine was usefull from time to time.Roland was hardly any trouble and is an OK road driver though he is easily distracted when girls go by. We took a few pictures of the car with my daytona and will post them soon.
    Malcolm

10. sparky360

sparky360 Rookie

May 16, 2004
    Roland arrived in San Diego this afteroon without any problems... The 365 ran great!! He now gets ready for a quick trip back to Las Vegas to pickup a Murcielago and drive it back to Palm Springs and will spend a few days there and will return home Thursday.

11. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Man what a hard life.hahaha

12. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    howdy all, we made it in no time and no troubles at all, no oil burned just perfect the way it's supposed to be.
    What a dream to drive a 35 year old car like it was build for. I'll post pics from the speedometer later on, I can only say we didn't go to slow hahahaha!!!
    Malcolm was a very good sport and even slept while on the road..I must say that I didn't have any trouble to sleep while he was pushing hard on the pedal, I think that he was missing the Daytona's power !!!
    While at Malcom's house, we washed the car and than took his Daytona for a comparaison drive !! Now, I have to do a crossing with that great car.The Daytona is totally an other beast !!!
    Today, I'll fly back to Vegas to pick up my friend from Canada and drive his Murcie to Palm Sprinds for a few days... I might go to Shelby to check if my LM is still there...Life is tuff in the fast FAST lane...
    Thanks for many calls about the TV commercial, I do my best so you all know that I'm still around..
    Take care
    Roland working hard in San Diego

13. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Way to go Malcolm. How much of a seat-of-the-pants difference is there between the 365 GTC and you Daytona?

Dale

14. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #14 Roland E Linder, Apr 8, 2005
    This was just a perfect trip, the 365 was driven the way they were build for and could stay at speed for hours. Fuel was the only reason to stop and we made 800+ miles in no time and no trouble in the first day.
    No oil was used and just a small leak at the steering box. That car is now in good hands for a long time and will be "restore" (interior mainly).
    What a difference between a single came and the double from the Daytona !
    I guess that Malcolm didn't drive enough and after we washed the 365, we went right the way for a tour in the 365GTB4. I sure love that car, when you are at 4000 rpm, she just pull like a dragster and wants more. Not easy in town but on the Frwy, what a pleasure. I got to do a long trip with the Daytona!!!
    Thanks Malcolm for that great opportunity to drive a classic..What a week, from the 2 F cars to the new Lambo..couldn't be better.
    Roland
    F40LM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Roland, it was great fun, we will do it again someday. I NEVER get enough of driving these cars. I have taken care of the deferred maintenance on the GTC-replaced the turn signal bulb, so it is ready to go again. Glad you enjoyed the Daytona, I get up early to drive it before work sometimes, you know how hard that is for me[getting up early].I am going to a meeting in the desert next week and dont know which to drive-what a great choice. I will probably take the GTC since the A/C blows on me instead of the windshield.
    Take care. Malcolm

16. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    arrgghh, Roland, you hurt me...
    Driving a 365 GTB4 around San Diego...still only in my dreams....
    Could you please e-mail me som pics of the daytona in hi-res...

Ahh, at least, i could be happy, next month, i'll drive the 348, on the world most beautiful race-rack...Spa-francorchamps...

Ok Roland, i give you some lap of spa in the 348 and you give me a drive in any ferrari you want in San Diego :)

17. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Salut vieux
    Malcolm took a bunch of pics of his Daytona and I should have them Saturday night. I'll send you a bunch directly to your home in Belgium.
    Bonne nuit
    Roland
    F40Lm

18. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    What a wonderful problem to have, chosing which Ferrari. I am glad the car went to someone that will enjoy it as it should be. Ron did and now yourself. The sightings of that car in the mountains driven by Ron will be missed. Over the years I cant tell you how many times I spotted the 365 ripping up various mountain roads. Now on to its next life ripping up the PCH...
    Enjoy,
    Dave

19. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    WOW! Cool trip, in a cool car.

Still pining for a vintage Ferrari....someday.

20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Vince, right now, you first problem is to get wine to Vegas..Vintage cars are for later !!
    See you soon
    Roland
    F40LM

21. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Dave: look at the Crystal cove photos, I took it there today to meet Tom S with his original car to compare and drink coffee. I drove it back to La Jolla to go grocery shopping and then home. Look for it on 94 along the border early Sundays, and in the desert, but not so much on PCH- too many cars...who are all these people? Have a great time in Rolands favorite city...

22. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh, so thats why Vincent invited the rest of us to tag along to Vegas, so we could bring Napa's finest to Roland. I think there is going to have to be some kind of delivery charge, hmmm, maybe hot laps in the f40 would do!!

Malcolm, beautiful car, enjoy it.

23. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    #23 vincent355, Apr 10, 2005

How's wine from the early eighties?

83's dunn and howell mountain, opus one.

24. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You better leave room for the wine cases !!! We all count on you guys to keep an eye on Vince till he gets safe and sound in Vegas..
    Safe trip to all, see you in 2 weeks. I always have room in the LM for the "right" folks !!! Are you pretty enough ???
    Roland
    F40LM

25. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Just saw the car today, and it was absolutely gorgeous! I love some of the newer cars, but Malcom, you've really made me realize just how beautiful those older cars are. I just wanted to say thanks too, every time I walk by you stop and take the time to talk to me. I really appreciate that! Thanks!