Into Golf ? | FerrariChat

Into Golf ?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by FerrariSlave, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I recently finished www.golfboards.net, I was wondering if their are any F-chatters who play golf. I thought this would be a good place to spread the word as exotic cars and golf and leasure kind of go togather.

Anyways take care any feedback is appreciated on the design/point/site in general.

2. no golfers on F-chat :(

3. s2000brian

s2000brian Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Cincinnati/Douglas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'm a bit of a golfer and I come from a golf family. My father was a golf course architecht and builder and his brothers and sisters (all 10 of them!) were also involved in the golf industry. I'm not quite as good as I should be for having grown up around the sport, but I can hold my own in a match if I am given time to prepare. Last summer I was told I would be playing in the executive golf outing with the company I work for and I went from an average score of 110 to shooting an 84 at the outing over the course of one month :D

4. s2000brian

s2000brian Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Cincinnati/Douglas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    P.S. Where do you play in Chicago? I have been to Cog Hill before- beautiful course.

5. erik1968

erik1968 Karting

Mar 30, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Erik
    If it's worth anything, I've been wanting to learn golf.

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i used to go out for a bash every now and then. usually after 4 or 5 holes i get a bit anxious and end up going happy gilmore style, run-ups and putting with the driver etc. :)

been meaning to get into it though... what's that golfboards.net thing?

7. Haha Happy Gilmore, im not much of a golfer my self my Dad is more of a golfer. He has played all around the Chicago area and more. If you have any good pictures or anything signup even if you dont post much every user counts when the site is new.

8. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Before kids, I played three times per week... down to once every two to three weeks now but still enjoy it. I hope to play a lot more often later this spring.

9. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    ah, when you say "i recently finished it" i see you mean you are the admin... at first i thought it was some online golf game. :p

just a comment on getting things going... it's probly best to start off with fewer forum categories until growth warrants them, and to get legitimate traffic you might need some useful golf-related content, hints, tips, reviews, galleries... what is it you as a golfer do you feel is missing from the internet or can be improved upon? that's what should be the primary part of your site. good luck. :)

10. s2000brian

s2000brian Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Cincinnati/Douglas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Anybody going to the Masters this year? I went down last week for one day. I drove down, got there around midnight, woke up the next morning, went to the club, walked the course, then drove home. All in all I drove about 22 hours for about 2 hours at the course. It was all worth it though, to see the holy grail of the golf world.

P.S. If you are going to go, find a hotel first! I ended up staying at the Microtel budget hotel 2 exits away from Augusta for over $400/night. That town is insane for that entire week..

11. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Does anyone know how many golf balls a pro can have in his bag for each round? Is there a limit?

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC

DL

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I've been in Florida the past few days playing. Love the game.

14. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    on second thought , lets delete this ... :)

15. Haha, I wonder what the members at golfboards would say to that one. Golf is one of the less physical sports out there so I guess golfers are ******* compared to bikers.

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    However, it doesn't take profound hairloss and a midlife crisis to get into golf.

DL

17. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Bikers or sport riders????

18. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I love the sport. My father is a huge golfer, won a few local tournaments. So about 2 or 3 summers ago I decided to try and get into it, give us something extra to do together. It is definitely a great game. Still going to take me a few years to get as good as him.

19. s2000brian

s2000brian Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Cincinnati/Douglas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Gilles, whereabouts have you been playing? I used to be a member at Black Diamond Ranch in central FL and I have played quite a few more (Golden Ocala, Sawgrass, PGA national, etc.)

20. jharkercfduc

jharkercfduc Karting

Sep 4, 2004
    riverside california
    Full Name:
    jonathan harker
    I started playing for the same reason, my father enjoys golf and so I started to pick up golf. now I'm buying a house on a golf course. I live near one of the pga courses in socal and play there about 6-7 times a year. but I use more than professional 6 ball limit.

21. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    My parents live in New Smyrna, and the name of the course is Sugar Mill. They have three pretty nice 9-hole courses.

22. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I've never heard that... It may be a PGA Tour thing but I've played a number of "state" level Professional (MN open, WI open) as well as about a dozen state amatuers in the last 10 years (both states) and no one has ever imposed/implied a limit on the # of balls I could carry. You should only carry balls of the same "make" in competion as most competitive tourney's impose a "one ball rule".

I would think that the limit is what your caddy is willing to carry. Personaly, my wife likes the bag as light as possible so it's usually 3 balls for me...

I play a lot of competitive golf between june and august. I've won a dozen or so individual tourneys, a couple of 2 man events and have been club champ at mulitple clubs. I've been ranked as high as #30 in the state of WI but as life goes by I just try to enjoy the game... less stress that way.

23. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    You golfer.

24. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  25. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I wonder if there is a rule as to finding golf balls in woods or lakes if you can use them if you run out. If you cant, im screwed, if you can consider me Tiger Woods.