Ferrari Aftershave / Cologne - ??? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Aftershave / Cologne - ???

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by dave80gtsi, Oct 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Greetings to all - I have just returned from a trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. While there I was walking thru one of the many open air bazaars, where they sell bootleg stuff like CD's, cheap Rolex and Cartier watch knock-offs, and similar stuff.

I happened to pass by a vendor selling cologne, and lo and behold there was a bottle of "official" Ferrari after shave! Complete with the yellow prancing horse shield on the bottle. Of course, I felt the need to buy it, so I got it bargained down to 30 ringgits (about $8.00 USD).

I never knew that Ferrari was in the aftershave and cologne licensing business. Obviously, I know that I have purchased a counterfeit bottle, but this begs the question of whether or not this is intended to be a copy of a legitimately licensed product? Or, is this simply some local person's goofy idea, thinking that having the Prancing Horse on the bottle might take in gullible purchasers ( ... like me, I suppose)? Anyone know?

Thanks and Cheers - DM / Ohio

P.S. - Believe it or not, the imitation stuff doesn't smell too bad. Not at all like gasoline or used motor oil.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There are several Ferrari licensed colognes available. Currently they have "Red", "Black", "F1" and "Racing".

In the past they used to actually have them named after the current cars like e.g. "Testarossa" or "456".

3. atheyg

atheyg Guest

From what I understand the real Ferrari stuff is re-labled Hi-Karate cologne left over from the 70s.

I am eagerly waiting for the new Ferrari Deodorant and Ferrari feminine hygene spray for my girl friend to come out soon.

4. Bill_OBrien

Bill_OBrien Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Bill O'Brien
    Ok, I was in Sephora a few years ago and I see this bottle with the Ferrari shield on it. I bought it just because it had the shield. So I try the cologne... wouldn't you know it.. the stuff smells good and I always get compliments on it!! The problem is when a gril asks.. what scent is that? and I have to look at her and say "well, I am wearing Ferrari!" (it really is a nice cologne!! I swear!!!)

There are three different kinds... the "red" is the one I like....

5. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I have a bottle of the 'Yellow' and I like it alot....sad to say, this is one of those spin-off products that they might have gotten right....

6. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have a bottle of "348" - it smells like burnt alternator.

Cheers
    Kevin

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Whats next ? Deodorants and Woman tampons ?

8. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I use Red Ferrari all the time, I love it. I have an inside joke, that it makes me "smell fast". ;)

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I really hate to admit it. okay, as the Ferrari nut I am, I picked up some black in cologne & body wash format. heck, I just ordered it as a novelty and would offer it as a gift if I didn't like it. I never smelt the stuff before I ordered it. and damn... works well for me, and I'm quite picky about this stuff. but I did opt for the 2.5oz, as I don't use a lot nor that often either.

10. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
  11. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Got the F1 as a gift and use it fairly often. Also get complements

12. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

#12 Aureus, Oct 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Is this for real or a photo shop job?

I have actually seen condoms in the UK which had an eighties TR on the package. Ribbed for your pleasure?

14. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Mine's a photoshop. But damn, they do exist? lol

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well sortof: The condom machine in the bathroom clearly shows a TR on the package. So in order to get a souvenir for the collection I threw in my 2 quids. Well guess what? Out came the box but no longer a TR on the cover. Worthless.

Have I been ripped or ribbed off?

16. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I think a bit of cologne mixes well with sweat of a hard working man. The provider w/ a primal, fresh, clean sent is basic & echoes in the thoughts of a successful yet sexy woman. Bring it on! Is it Ferrari? Only if it works...

17. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hmm, sounds like you're an ad copy writer(except you spelt sent wrong :) )........

18. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    #18 Anthony_Ferrari, Oct 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I still look out for them for you! I occasionally see the Ferrari on the machine, but it is always 'new style' boxes that come out. At least now I'm not married I get to use them!!;)

Here is some of the cologne you are talking about. I think I had some of the yellow. I wasn't too keen on it. The red is described:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Nothing beats the original Ferrari cologne: leather, gas, exhaust and a hint of oil. The dispenser wasn't too bad either...

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks buddy! I tried Heathrow airport this year and only got the new style box. If I ever find the right one, I'll clean the machine out.

21. gansito

gansito Rookie

Mar 28, 2005
    LOS ANGELES, C.A.
    Full Name:
    Emmanuel C.
    I bought the F1 cologne and i'll tell you guys something girls love it they have told me very nice things about me and the cologne. I highly reccomend this cologne.

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That's what I was thinking...a dab of oil on each cheek and the smell of gas in the clothes and hair. Now that's Ferrari cologne!

23. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hi All

the best online selection I found for Ferrari fragrences is http://strawberrynet.com . They even have the only women's fragrence in the range. Not only colognes but aftershave, deoderant, body wash (yours, not the car!), etc. (Satisfied customer, no financial benefit etc.)

Gerrit

http://dino308gt4.com

24. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    The Black Ferrari cologne is the only cologne I've ever liked. I left my bottle at a relative's house in Houston about a month ago, so I picked some up last night. I smelled the red and the "1" for the first time last night too, it's the first time I've seen it on the shelves. But they both smelled like every other cologne out there. The Black version is alot more "understated" if you will.

25. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I've never been into the merchandising stuff like caps, flags, watches etc. but my girlfriend gave me the "black" cologne and I like it ..and she does too :)