NYC trip flight questions... | FerrariChat

NYC trip flight questions...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by LAfun2, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hey my EC buddies,

How are you all? Hope things are well. I have been super busy and thus off the boards lately.

I will be in NYC June 26th-July 5th for a special event (I will need some creative help with this, but will ask you guys in a few weeks as we get closer to making plans).

However, I need to book some tickets (airline) for LA to NYC leaving July 1st (friday night) from Los Angeles. Hopefully the redeye, so they can get to NYC July 2nd (sat).

They will be leaving NYC July 4th (any time).

I am flexible on Airports (anything in LA will work, from Orange county, to burbank, to LAX), and flexible on NYC airports as well.

My questions are, what do you guys usually pay for such trips? Do you guys have travel agent hookups or would recommend any?

I am looking for 7-8 tickets. Best I found was on Cheaptickets for $329

Would appreciate some help if these are ok prices, and such.

I will also need hotel accomodations for these people and SUV rental (*sigh so much work*), but that will be later. ONe step at a time. Flights first.

Thanks guys.

-Ryan
    (honorary EC member, according to Ghost)

2. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    I usually fly continental but i hear that Song is really cheap and JetBlue, if you buy early. That price is pretty good but I but those two airlines can do better. Go to their websites.

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Hey Ryan... not sure how much we can realy help with those requests, however I can tell you the sites like cheapticket, travelosity, orbitz, priceline generally offers the same deals. At least thats what I find. You want to decide which NY airport serves you best - JFK, LaGuardia, or even Newark.

When I booked my flight to LAX for Autorox, after I confirmed my tix with the airline, a noticed a Budget Rental link - that hyperlink got me a great deal on a midsize SUV. I tried all the other major rental agencies, and none could touch that deal - even when I browsed straight to Budget's own site, it was much higher. So keep an eye out for related offers when you do purchase you tix.

HTH

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    TravelZoo has good to great specials & last minute deals.

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

RYAN

GO JET BLUE...CHEAP, NEW, AND CLEAN......

AS FAR AS HOTELS, LET ME KNOW IN APRIL, HOW MANY PEOPLE, DAYS., AS I SERVICE ALOT OF HOTELS N NYC AND HAVE GREAT CONNECTIONS

BRUCE

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    all airlines have bad and good stories.
    choose any airline u are comfortable with.

if u are cost conscious, keep this in mind -- as far as airports are concerned, the taxi cab fares from the 3 airports to NYC are:

laguardia to nyc: around $20-25
    jfk to nyc: $35 (flat rate to anywhere in NYC)
    newark to nyc: $45-65 (depending on where u live in nyc)

and all of these are excluding tip and tolls. tolls are either $3.50 or $6.00 i think. forgot since i have ezpass. remember u have to do a roundtrip so times the cost by 2 approximately.

7. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    I usually fly Continental or United. Newark is a hub for Continental, so lot of flights. Lately, it's been Continental for most flights. If you are going to NYC and renting a car, Newark is easier to get in and out of than JFK or LaGuardia, IMHO.

8. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    I dont know if your an AMEX membership rewards customer, but I just used some of my free points to get 6 round trip tickets to FLA from NY, all 6 were FREE. AMEX has free flight options with 11 airlines.

9. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks everybody for the help. I checked Jet Blue and Song....it seems Song is pretty cheap 330$.

But cheaptickets had the better times for a few bucks difference.

Becuase other people are buying, cost is a factor.

They will all be in town for a ceremony/dinner. We are figuring out the restaurant right now, and depending on that I will have to pick the airport, making sure its not too far.

Then I will have to look at hotels.

I appreciate all of your help, and as the date approaches, and I need more, I will be calling on you guys once again.

Since I will be there for a whole week, I hope to make most of your acquaintance. :) :)

Maybe I can even get a glimpse of the infamous Ghost and Hubi!!!!!!! Who knows, I have never been known as a lucky one in life!!!

4th of July party/fireworks anyone? :eek: Or a bachelor party prior to June 30? ;)

Looking forward to meeting all you EC peeps! 993 guy and Hutch, WHAADUP!!!

10. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    infamous? more like not famous :D
    anyways, would like to grab a drink with u and da crew anytime u are here in nyc

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Glad to hear you've made some progress on the flight front Ryan. Will respond to your PM shortly. Look forward to (finally) catching up - long overdue for a meeting.

Regards.

12. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hubert

Can't wait to meet you in person. Do I need to set up an appt with your people?:p

Ghost

Pleasure will be all mine. :)

Update
    Bought the tickets. Came out to 289$ per person. American Airlines non stop both ways.

My schedule
    I will be in NYC June 28th-July 5th. Will be busy sat night and most day sunday. Will have time before. So maybe we can do something Friday night. Like a "adult" night out or something ;)

Will keep you guys updated, as the date nears.

Thanks for all the help. Can't wait to meet the EC crew. :) :)

13. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    we'll be waiting to party u out friday

14. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Can't wait! Many F chatters ask me whats the deelio with the EC. I want to check it out first hand, and then need to report back. So I will leave it up to you and ghost, to determine, what needs to be done.

Friday night (July 1st) will be marked on my calender for EC F chat hang out time.

You real playas do the rest :D :D

15. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    wats his name?

16. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    You asking about me Chris? If so, I am Ryan.

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Ryan, sent you a PM on the stuff you had asked about.

18. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Read one. Will get to the other. Very detailed, and I thank you . WIll digest, and shoot back a few questions.

I appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule. No hurry, so don't feel that I am waiting for them.

Thank you once again!

I feel lucky that THE infamous GHOST took the time and wrote to a commoner like me! ;)

I mean next thing you know, I will get to meet THE GHOST, and take pics with him, and print them and frame them in my wall!!!!

Nah, a man like me can never get that lucky :D

19. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Oh, Jeeezzz! It's soooooo thick! ;)

20. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I am a brown noser, literally ;)

21. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.

We have keef fo Dat

22. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Keef has the color cornered on the NYC market ? ;)

23. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    haha

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name: