Vancouver Sun Article on FMoV | FerrariChat

Vancouver Sun Article on FMoV

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tjacoby, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I copied it out for a friend, any typo's are mine:

Brian Ross’s Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver dealership has spent a year jinking and dekeing like Formula One Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher working his way through back-markers.

After falling out with Ferrari of North America, Brian Jessel briefly tried flogging bargan-basement Kia cars from the Venerables-at-Glen showroom. Then Ohio dealer and Ferrari fan Ross – he owns Holy Grail F40 and Enzo models – took over and saw general managers Bill Murtland and Len Millaris come and go as quickly as valet parkers.

Now, White Rock-raised Scott Robertson, 29, is in charge pro tem. “I still need more experience to be a GM,” he said frankly. But the University of BC Graduate urban geographer and right-wing hockey player looks to have the job’s go-fast attributes.

He also has some nifty product – namely the $280,000 490-horsepower F430 two-seat coupe Ferrari will introduce at the Pacific International Auto Show on Friday. There’s already an 18-month waitlist for it, and a year more for the $300-plus drop-trop model. Robertson said.

And after numerous ho-hum models, Maserati will launch the first designed entirely by owner Ferrari. It’s the Quattroporte – Detroit would say “four-door” – luxury sedan with a 400 horse V8 engine, F1-style “paddle” gear shift, 285km/h top speed and a base price of $148,000.

Robertson, who has a 2003 Porsche Cabriolet for personal wheels, hopes to acquire a Ferrari – likely a used 355 GTS – and drive it to more salubrious workplace. That’s not at First and Quebec Street, where Jessel planned to relocate the dealership. Instead Ross is scouting Burrard Street’s Kitsilano car row to build a show room and four-bay shop.

2. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    too bad they still have a lot to learn. i called them to see if they had any 575's, new or used in stock, and the guy told me that they were such a hot commodity he could "probably' get me one.

fool

3. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    they have one in there showroom.....go figure

4. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
  5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Damn, that was quik! I guess he should be back on his way to Toronto. I'll see you soon Len :p

6. Leonard

Leonard Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Full Name:
    Larry Leonard
    Brian J. must be laughing his Ass off! LOL

7. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Wasn't there a general manager at once that was named Leslie or something of that nature? He was extremely nice

8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Kirk Leslie is the ex-salesman prior to Scott. Nice guy.

9. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Bill and Kirk are both gone already?