Anyone had any dealings with Justin Banks? | FerrariChat

Anyone had any dealings with Justin Banks?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by acpes, Apr 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Anyone had any dealings with Justin Banks? Having had a peek at the XJ220 which I've taken a bit of a fancy too, does anyone have any tales (good, bad or indifferent) to tell about this dealer, as I've never heard of them [being a country boy and all that].
    Getting a bit pi55ed off with the continued unreliability of Ferraris, and fancy a change.
    I don't want to waste time going down there if they are not up too much.

2. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    step away from the strongbow

3. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Only had 1 can tonight mate!
    Mind you that could all change in the next half hour;)

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Never heard anything bad about him, always a bit confused at his adds though, they all seem to contain stock library shots of cars (you know the sort of thing RHD Porsche with a pic of a US car)

although if you think service and reliabilty of a 456 is bad try a metro based jag!!!!!!

5. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    right now I'm on a nice bottle of californian ironstone red (smooth vanilla taste!), as you can see my posts are going downhill fast

6. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    on a serious note - Justin banks trawls the auctions etc and deals in rare classics. Quite a youngish fella, seems like a good guy. Its not his reputation you need to worry about, but the rarity of these cars and the servicing costs, you'll soon be missing the black beast

7. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You'll be pleased to know my strongbow intake speed is matching my road speed (as he hits the 4th can and rapidly moving to the 5th). As you maybe can tell, its been a really **** day at work followeed by yesterdays disasters. Could be a morning off tomorrow at this rate;)

8. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Andy - you've had quite a few testing times over the past few days. What, with having been wasted by that silver Vauxhall Nova with the twin turbo nitros injection, double cheeseburger, strawberry pancake rocket ship, times are getting you down m8- suggest you relax and move to sixth (can that is). You were driving so bad that even that white porker had is eyes on you,

9. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Could well be right there. Not sure if I would part with her but I do fancy adding to the stable. Always liked the 220 but, as with all these cars, they seem to be priced for Harrods and built by MFI. I can never understand how we always put up with the crap build standards and reliability of these f*cking cars, just because they are a Ferrari etc etc. If it was a Mondeo you'd take it back and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. As it's a ferrari we pay out astronomical sums in repairs and servicing and then sit there and smile at the car. How perverse is that?
    Just getting a bit hacked off as this will take the maintenance bill for this car to over 10K in 16 months, and that doesn't include the warranty claims (which clocked up another 2K).

10. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Whats worse is he got me as well after I had my slow down or else orders.
    Rest assured a rematch will be held on my own stamping ground when I can get a car that will go more than 20 miles without falling apart:D

11. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Well Thats just put me right off the 360CS

12. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    but m8, you smile every time you talk about the beast. Yes they cost, and even my little 348 has cost 3.5K (inc exhaust) over the past 10 months, but think of those kids with their Nova upside down in the hedge cursing the moment they set eyes on you - baseball caps a plenty - priceless, where else do you get that satisfaction, open your seventh can and forget the white porker, or even super mario's icecream, think, you could even be in a blue 355 spider struggling to start your car in front of 40 other men - now that would be time to throw in the towel!

13. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hiya Davy,
    7th can open M8 as we speak,
    I think it's just the final straw after several really hard months for me. At least I can sit here smug in the fact that at least, even though shes not well, the black beast still starts:D Bless him, of all the places to happen eh!:D
    On a more cheerful note my grandson is out of hospital and really making up ground fast. I can't begin to tell you how low I felt when he was rushed in,a and at the end of the day I would trade every possesion I've ever owned to make sure he was fit and well so its all relative, after all it's only a car.
    I'm going to apply for a slot on " Grumpy old men". Should fit the bill nicely;)

14. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Great news M8

15. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Good to hear about your grandson. More important than any piece of metal. Leyton needs to know numbers for Sunday by wednesday - so can you check with the H boys who's up for it

16. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Done it M8 .
    All sorted but got to take the hairdressers car (oh the shame). still I can always say I'm gay or LeeP.

17. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    lol - is the beast out of action?? cause i can't be seen with any je vais moment

18. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Yes M8 transporter job (again). I'll bring the curling tongs, you bring the short &....................... I'll do the rest:D