Penthouse at Indy | FerrariChat

Penthouse at Indy

Discussion in 'F1' started by spike308, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I've never been to Indy, but am going for the USGP in June.
    A friend has access to tickets:
    Sec A, Penthouse Box B 10 row M (what he told me) for $150 each
    Are the "penthouse" seats really that good?
    Pros/cons?
    thanks in advance.

2. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    No one????

3. RickDay246

RickDay246 Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rick Day
    I go to Indy every year, and would prefer tickets around corners, rather than straights. I personally like to see the passing at turn #1 - where it all seems to happen at Indy. On the straight, it's like watching a one-sided tennis match.

My 2 cents.

4. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm gonna be in section "H" at the end of the straight going into turn one. This is my first F1 race and I can hardly wait. I would have liked to get a hotel room....but sounds like they are all full. I only live about 3 hours drive from Indy...so my girlfriend and I are gonna leave early and drive down.

5. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    http://www.sportsnet.com.au/images/2005_Indy500_TrackMap.jpg

Sections H and J are the best by far! My dad went there for the first time the USGP came back in 2000. He said you could see the cars come around turn 4 (IRL turn 4), all the way down the straight, into ('real') turn 1, and then see the cars go around till turn 4 (what I think is the turn straight to the right of section H).

Great place to sit, apparently. :)

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I am in the Paddock Penthouse, Section B, Box 15, Row E. I am virtually right on the start/finish line, usually the Ferraris have been right in front of me. I can clearly see the pits, especially the Ferrari pits. When the race is over, I am in clear view of the winners podium, so far, a Ferrari was usually there.

I can watch the rest of the race on the Jumbotron TV across from me. I can watch the cars exit the last turn (turn one on the oval), speed past me, and go into the road course turn one. The acceleration from pit lane once the cars are past the electronic speed control is incredible. If its raining, I don't get wet.

Yes, H & J Stand have great views of the first few turns. For the first year I had tickets in both J and the Paddock Penthouse. I kept the Paddock Penthouse.

Take the tickets, enjoy the race. Then try to get J or H Stand seats for 2006 if you can, that is the view you want. I will stick with the Paddock Penthouse.

7. david r

david r Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    minneapolis, minnesota
    Full Name:
    david redburn
    I have had tickets in Penthose B and love them. Good view of the large screens, don't get wet if it rains, great views and for practice and qualifying you can watch from anywhere on the track you wish. That said, I enjoy seeing a race live from anywhere so my advice is just go and have a good time.