Dromo1 = Good times | FerrariChat

Dromo1 = Good times

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Ferrari Boy, Apr 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Last night my dad and I went with my friend to Dromo1. It was awesome. The newer karts are sooo much faster. Also they say they have even newer ones, but they just arn't using them yet. Well I just wanted to share my experience. We did two races (so expensive) and the fastest lap time I got was a 29.156. I was so excited. I placed first on the qualifying so I started first, and held my possition all the way through the race and crossed the checkered flag in first place.

This is probably the best race I've done so far, I got 29.___ on the majority of my laps and got a great fastest lap score, for me anyways. My next goal is to get under 29 seconds.

What is everyone elses fastest lap times? I know some of you got a lot better than me. :)

2. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    My first and only trip to Dromo1 was back in October for one session. Best lap was a 30.387, which sorta sucked - we had someone get a 28.858 in the same group.

Jay

3. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My best laps were 27.8 something and two weeks later I was able to turn a 27.15. The second trip a much smaller group of us went on an off day late, there was less traffic and they just let us run.

4. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Wow, thats great! Hope I can beat that someday!

5. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen

I'll try and find the paper thing and take a picture and post it. I couldn't believe it myself.

6. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I kept all my papers as well. There were two more consistant drivers in my group but they each outweighed me by quite a few pounds. I'm 6'1 and a buck 80.

7. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Me and Armen have an advantage on almost everyone, being that we are 14 and 15 years old :). It still alot of fun no matter what, even if your losing!

Armen, amazing time! If I can afford it, I want to go back soon. I finally got a good strategy at turning on the last few laps! I wish I had another race to improve my time on.

8. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I am so up for that. Once we get a job we can go and blow our money there.... or an even better idea... buy our own karts!

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    oh man that would be awesome. my dad is wondering how much it would cost to make a go kart place, so he can build one :)

10. jescu

jescu Rookie

Mar 18, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Joshua E.
    Hey David! Lucky............u had fun over break!

11. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm saving up for a Tony Kart. The one i want has shifter paddles and goes about 100MPH. The man i talked to said it will beat a 360 Modena from 0-60mph but I'm not to sure about that.

12. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    sounds sweet! good luck w/ that

13. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yea....$7,500. :(

14. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    ouch!

15. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Most shifter karts will beat any car. Get a 125cc shifter or go with a 250cc.
    I raced at Dromo once and would love to again when I move out there. You guys do any group trips???

A 125cc kart can do roughly 0-100 in 6 seconds....

I also looked into opening a karting place and overhead for th emost part is cheap. Insurance is what kills you

Antony

16. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    27.15 for me David. I still have the time slip. It was a blast! Except for getting T-boned by Jordan at nearly full speed. It wasn't his fault, the dope in front of me stopped very suddenly and I had to slam on the brakes in a blind area and he had nowhere to go! I ached for about a week.

17. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Yes, FDC puts it together once a year. Theres one coming up in a few months. Here's a video that I made of the last event

http://www.ferrarirosso.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=287&cat=500&page=2

Dang, I need to practice harder! you got 2 seconds on me! ah well, hopefully i can beat you guys next time!