Need input | FerrariChat

Need input

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by s4dustin, Mar 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    I am starting to plan the next Toys for Tots event, but i do not belive that I can use the VCR location because it is too small. I expect over 1000 cars, so do any of you have an idea of a location that can house this many cars/people. Also, I am considering adding a sportbike toydrive to the event becuase i can pull in a huge sportbike crowd because of my bike night at vcr. Between the two demographics, we can rasie over 10000 toys in 1 morning. The cars and bikes will have seperate parking...so i need parking for 1000 cars and 1000 bikes....i have a few locations in mind, but if any of you have suggestions......please let me know. This next event will be HUGE. I mean HUGE...with a little luck and everyones kindness we all will make a great holiday season for the kids....
    d

2. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Any particular area in mind? I know pretty much every spot from T.O. to Encino.. the only area I can think of that could hold that (and not have a huge negative impact on surrounding business) would be the overflow parking lot at the T.O. mall.

I always wanted to hold an event at Paramount Ranch (where there's an old racetrack) but I think the parking issue would be a nightmare. Still, I had a pretty cool concept in mind.

-Chris

3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The only problem with the overflow at the T.O. mall would be if the event is in December again. The overflow is used for employee parking during this time because of the Christmas crowds. Otherwise, it's a great idea, less than 10 minutes from my house.

4. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #4 CMY, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You're right.. of course, it's been 10 years since I worked at the mall. :)

I was thinking about the Agoura High parking lot, which would be neat since it's two levels, but it looks like it would be good for only 350-400 cars.

-Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    paramount would be cool, the 914 porsche club has an event there in 2 weeks, but, between that time of year, and people pulling up in cars with huge cash, i dont think it would be wise...rocks and the such.....last year we had 400-500 cars...i expect 2x-3x that amount.....from the European community alone. If i do this right, it will be the biggest thing around...a real hum-dinger..... (did i mention if luck is on my side....)... :)

6. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm assuming none of the local colleges could handle this type of crowd, i.e. Pierce, CSUN, Valley, UCLA? What about Dodger Stadium? Plenty of room, probably in the middle from VC & OC. No games to worry about. Another choice, but you would have to get really lucky with scheduling, would be Staples Center in Lot 3.

7. George H.

George H. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    George Hoover
    Dusty,

In Warner Center, there's a large office parking lot just east of the Promenade that has hosted some car shows. In the same area, there's also a large lot at the Boeing/Rockwell plant.

8. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    What about the El Toro airfield? Did they started to do something to that property? or is it still vacant?

9. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    i want to make the location as accessable as well as aesthetically pleasing as possible. I figure i could pull more people in this way.

10. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Dustin....

I think I've got it: over on Canoga & Victory (I think...) is the parking lot for Boeing, I'm pretty sure it's HUGE, centrally located and Boeing even tries to put something together for Toys-4-tot's each year as well. Nobody would complain about the crowd gathering as it wouldn't affect commerce or neighborhoods.

Ya think?

11. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Also, if you want big, there is the Coluseum. It is available.
    My wife caters to a NFL rookie photo shoot there every year.

12. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    #12 donoe, Apr 2, 2005
  13. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    do you all think that the location is that detrimental? I want this thing HUGE

14. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Dustin, I believe that all sites being considered should be given the "girlfriend/wife" test..

Will they have adaquate bathroom facilities?
    Will coffee/tea/soda/water be available?
    Can she sit down somewhere without ruining her new pants/jeans/skirt?

You can go for huge, but I think you might be missing out on some of the basics that you're used to at VCR. My girlfriend is easier than most, so the list might be even longer for some other poor sap. ;)

-Chris

15. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    I feel the same way, but, i dont know if the shopping center will allow me. I kind of pulled the last one off by relationships I have with people in the center. But, this next one is going to be much larger, just because it is going to be. Evolution of sorts. If I got permission from the landlords, it may work, but.....i dont know. I liked the personal feel of the event when it was here as well as the location :), but my interest is getting the toys and the enjoyment of the attendees...so, that is why I am trying to get some feedback from you all....still formulating.....but i truly appreciate all of the thoughts...please keep them coming..

d

16. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like George's and Steve's ideas about the aero space parking lot. It's close to food, water, gas stations, shopping malls (for the ladies if they get bored) and best of all it's still a good central location.

Jon

17. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    what about country wide in calabasas or agoura.....your thoughts on that

18. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'd have to drive by and look at the size of the parking lots. I have a good friend at Country Wide in Newport Beach. If you decide on Country Wide in Agoura/Calabasas he may be able to help us out.

Jon

19. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    There are a few Country Wide buildings along Agoura Rd. They took over the old State Farm building which has a large lot, and Litton's old building. Next time I am in Agoura I will try to stop by and look at them and get some pictures of the lots.

20. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    A picture worth a 1,000....you know. Thanks for the help.

21. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    maps.google.com now has satellite views (and you could post a link to the location)...

22. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Ontario Mills? Close to both 15 and 10. Just a thought.

23. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I would think that it will be difficult to use that lot around Christmas time. I don't think any shopping area wants to inconvenience their customers. I think it's also funny that each person that recommends a place, lives very close to that area. I love the Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills, Woodland Hills, Calabasas ideas the best. LOL

24. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    #24 skyhigh, Apr 5, 2005
    Very cool feature. Here is a satellite view of the Country Wide in Westlake/Agoura. Looks like a big lot.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    i may have a connection there...that is definately a thought...thanks for the photo....I have to decide in the next 1.5 weeks....i really appreciate all the help. THANK YOU