Need discarded/bad Distributer cap and rotor for 3.0 2V and 3.0/3.2 4V | FerrariChat

Need discarded/bad Distributer cap and rotor for 3.0 2V and 3.0/3.2 4V

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by catman1, Apr 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. catman1

catman1 Rookie

Jul 22, 2004
    Could anyone part with an old discarded distributer cap/ rotor for the 2 valve 3.0 and 3.0/3.2 4 valve engines?
    I would like to develop an adaptor to allow a common distributor cap/rotor combo to be used.
    Any condition is fine, as long as the base is intact.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

2. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    There are 2 different caps: 4-wire & 8-wire
    which are you looking for?

3. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    Welcome to the Site, So I am not the only one trying to figure out that jigsaw puzzle, The basic mechanics of a 4 post dizzy cap are about the same, the need for the special screw into the wire type of cap are nice but not 100% nessessary, so a $6 Ford Cap seemily can do the job if you can get it to fit. seems like an adapter would be popular onthis site
    and sell well on E-bay

4. catman1

catman1 Rookie

Jul 22, 2004
    I am looking for the 4 wire. Thanks

5. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    Ill tell ya what Catman1, I'll give you one of my caps if you promise to send me a pair of working adapter contraptions.
    Mark

6. catman1

catman1 Rookie

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey Mrfotos, If I get them to work, you can have the first 2 (or at least the first WORKING ones). If I can't get it to work, I can send the cap/rotor back, unharmed.

Let me know how you want to do it.

Thanks,

7. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    sounds cool i think we can work something out,i will have to remove the dissy cap from my car first, but i dont have a spare rotor. PM me and we'll discuss further.