Rocky Mountain Adventure | FerrariChat

Rocky Mountain Adventure

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 2nastie, Apr 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    A few spots left for this great memorable event. Visit my web site for details and let me know if you are interested.

http://www.zrauto.com/recentzrevents/recentevents.cfm

It will a time of your life that you will never forget. A great line up of cars already:
    Enzo
    Murcie Roadster
    Murcie Coupe
    F40LM
    3 more F40's
    F430
    Tons of Diablos and 360's
    Etc etc

2. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Damn looks like its an event not to miss!!! Wish i was in Calgary around then, But then again There are some events happening back here around then :D

3. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    I see the E word in there, 2Nastie.

So sweet. I'm in.

edit: Hey! Nice photography in that 3rd pdf file. Looks familiar.

4. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    There are 5 cars coming from Denver including the Famous Roland Linder with his F40 LM.

There is a local playboy Dentist in town that edited the Logo into the photo.

5. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004

Haha yes I know Hollywood Roland is coming with his buddies.

Don't deflect the attention. Your ploys are transparent. I know what I read up there. I saw the E word.

6. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    How was the test drive of the Novitec over the weekend?

7. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    The 606HP Spider?

Brutal. Sick. Addictive.

Giving it throttle was like a detonation. Intoxicating power on demand. Civil and well-behaved at normal driving speeds, yet when requested, the engine barked like a shotgun and the world became a blur.

No spooling obviously like in a turbo. Just constant, angry pull.

The suspension was crazy too. For a car so low, I thought I would be bouncing around and bottoming out. Instead, it was level, firm, with no bounce. Just planted, like I was in a go-kart.

It was a completely different car from what I'm used to. I can now see why the Murcie couldn't outrun you. No comparison to a stock 360. I'm a bit scared to find out what those upgrades are worth. I'll see if we can drop by this weekend and have a chat.

8. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg
    So, the only part I will be able to attend of this great event would be between 1:00 and 5:00 on Friday? The rest seems to be private. I would be very very interested in taking photos of the cars but I assume it will be very crowded during these times. I imagine the car display at Eau Claire is open to the public, perhaps there would be better photo oppurtunities there?

9. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    The Enzo will not be on display at the Eau Claire Market. It will be only at the track event.

10. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg

Rats. I was really looking forward to seeing the Enzo in real life. Oh well, I shouldn't really complain, it should still be amazing.

11. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    If you come to the track you will see it live and in action. We do have quarter mile drags as well and a lot of the exotic car owners will attempt to see what their cars can do.

12. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg

That sounds absolutely terrific. Ever since I first saw a picture of the Enzo my dream has been to see one in person. Personally, I have never heard a Ferrari (or any exotic supercar, for that matter) open the throttle right up in real life and to hear and see and Enzo pushing the limits I'm sure would be something I will remember for many years to come.

13. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    which track? I might be able to go, I need twenty bucks though. Anyone want to lend me twenty bucks that I will probably never pay you back?

So the way I read it, is that for the track day, if you pay the twenty dollar fee, it only intitles you to 1 - 5 pm? So that means you cant go to the cock tail reception, or the eau clair car show, or the causual attire dinner?

14. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    Race City. Of course you are lucky that for $ 20 you get to see and hear the Horses and the Bulls. You will have no choice but to find the $ 20 or else you will miss the event of a lifetime.

BTW no coktails or dinner.

15. lager99

lager99 Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    Red Deer, AB
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Sounds like a great time.

16. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg
    One more post -- just for complete clarification.

I should show up at Race City at 1:00 PM to watch some track action. This will cost me $20.00 and last until 5:00 PM at which time I can go home and eat supper. And then, at 7:30 there is a display of the cars at Eau Claire, which I imagine is open to the public and would cost no extra money?

Sorry for being a bother, it's just that I cannot afford to miss this :) - Tanner

17. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    The track is where you have to pay to hear the sounds of symphony from the Italian metal and of course the Enzo.

At the Eau Claire its free on display and no sounds. The Enzo will not be at Eau Claire but tons of other beautiful cars.

18. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    Well look who it is!

I definitely want to go to this event, I will be coming out from Canmore. I want to see the car at the Banff Springs again, they were there a few weeks ago and the picture on the front page of our local newspaper was stunning.

Anyone else heading out for sure?

19. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Hey Sheldon! :) Welcome to F-chat Buddy :D

20. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    2Nastie...Do you have someone to cover the event, like for pictures and stuff? Would you be giving out any 'press' passes at all?

21. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    *cough* kick-up dead thread *cough*

So who's all planning on going?

Like I asked above, will there be any 'press' passes going out for photographers? Thanks.

22. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I am planning on going, but I dont know.

23. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    What's the problem?

24. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I dont exactly have the twenty bucks right now. im afraid to go down to ZR Auto to buy my ticket if I had the twenty bucks,

25. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    oh my God...WTF