550 exhaust Wow! | FerrariChat

550 exhaust Wow!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by CodeRed, Apr 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Well I finally got around to adding the Stebro X-pipe to the 550 (which didn't fit correctly BTW) along with the Tubi the car has been transformed. Instead of more resonance, I feel that it actually seems to vibrate less since the air moves so much more freely thru the exhaust. The clutch action also seems lighter somehow as the improved throttle response allows you to find just the right RPM for shifting. I highly recommend it for the hard core enthusiats. It may not be to the liking of everyone, but man it sure sounds sweet at full throttle! I am pretty happy with it but now I want the 14 inch Brembo brakes and also plan on lowering it just a tad. V12's rule! It pulled so hard in 3rd, I was blown away.

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Can't believe Arling didn't call me when your car was ready! I stopped by on Friday and he was still playing with the fitment. Sorry I missed ya!

3. speedball

speedball Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Pasadena Area
    Full Name:
    Scot Anderson
    Great .... now you know exactly how my 550 sounds ...... I also love this combination ... tubi's and Stebro x-pipe.

What didn't fit right ...

Now ... open the windows and go find a long tunnel ........

4. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    One end of the pipe was too large of a diameter nad the X wasn't bent exactly right to match the OEM, but it works now! I had dreams about it last night. That sound is what makes it worth owning an Fcar.

5. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Congrats and enjoy.

6. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    my first Ferrari:

1998-2001 550 Black over Black, with Carbon fiber package, sport seats (most comfortable things ive sat in), and tubi with x-pipes. i have a hard on just thinking about it

7. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL

JUST a hard-on?

I'm thinking about a Rossa Corsa/Tan 360 six-speed right now.... ahh... ahh.... Ok, I'm cleaning off my keyboard ;)