Ferrari 360 Spider -How different outside U.S.- | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Spider -How different outside U.S.-

Discussion in '360/430' started by kissthis, Apr 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kissthis

kissthis Rookie

Apr 5, 2005
    How is the Ferrari 360 Spider different in the U.S. than in Italy? Obviously the driver's seat is reversed, but besides this feature what else? If you can answer this question or direct me to a website that can, I would truly appreciate it :)

2. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Why would the drivers seat be reversed? In Italy, like in the US, they drive on the right side of the road (ie driver is on the left of the car).

As for more specific differences, I'm not sure.

OOI I remember reading an article a few years back that the BMW M3 sold in the US had something like 230bhp when a Euro-spec M3 had 321 bhp. Quite a difference!

3. kissthis

kissthis Rookie

Apr 5, 2005
    LOL I never knew that they drove on the same side, I feel dumb :/
    Thank you for your help :)

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The cats are a little further from the headers.

DL

5. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko
    It could be louder than US. I remember seeing a video from Motorvision (Germany) TV auto show and they drove it around monaco in the hills and tunnels, and it sounded pretty loud.

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Ferrari doesn't even share that much of that information with it's dealer network. Often differences are not found out about here until someone goes to fix the car. The parts book is often the only source of that information at least in a comprehensive way, and to devine that information from a parts book will mean going from page to page comparing part numbers but it will not describe the actual difference in the part. I will say we were told at the school at the factory when the 360 came out that the car had more commonality with respect to all market versions than any other car Ferrari had produced.