USGP vs Canada - What did it cost you? | FerrariChat

USGP vs Canada - What did it cost you?

Discussion in 'F1' started by tuttebenne, Mar 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    This will be the fifth year for us going up to Montreal. We stay close to a subway station and a ten minute walk to Cresent St. Driving up from NY and with three in a rsuite, food, trinkets, and Cuban cigars, we do it for $800 each. How much is a weekend at Indy?

2. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    we do indy every year and probaly spend 800 for all three not each. cgp is far more expensive. it is a great time but if your on a budget usgp is the way to go. if your flush, it's certainly affordable enough to do both.

3. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Rick,

First, just a suggestion; take your last name out of your F-Chat profile, it enables all your posts to be "found" when a simple Google search of your name is launched.

Regarding Indy, you buy tickets, get to Indy, stay three or four nights in a hotel, eat, etc, for less than $300 per person?

4. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c

pretty much. my buds drive out from b'more. we split the hotel so thats like 75 a nite. we splurge at the fchat dinner. rest of the time we hit the 5.95 buffet. get food for the track at the supermarket.it might run a little more, but still far less than montreal. we last went to cgp in 2003 and dropped like a grand each for moderate accomodations. thanx for the tip on the profile.guess i'm too trusting. will we see you at indy?

5. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I can only do one GP per year and we're all set for Montreal. Enjoy Indy.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Indy average of past 3 years…

Tickets: $180
    Airfare: $300
    Rental: $160/4 = $40
    Hotel: $500/2 = $250
    Food/Beer/Misc: $200
    ---
    Total: $970

7. Dono

Dono Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Don Neumann
    Rob,

you have got to buy season tickets. $180 a ticket is high.

8. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    anyone ever do a driving trip between the two??
    my friends and i really want to do it, drive up to Montreal, spend the weekend then drive to Indy, mainly getting there for the race only...
    also we wouldnt really have to pay for gas, so that would bring cost down a lot... and we dont really care about good tickets... or 5 star hotels...

any suggestions?

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think they were $150 for Penthouse Padock + $30 for Friday/Saturday. Those were season tickets. This year we're selling those and bought through a broker good Turn 1 tickets. Now those I need to get season tickets for!