00 360 VS 03 360 | FerrariChat

00 360 VS 03 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by ETW, Apr 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Hi, Ive got a question about 2 cars Im interested in. Which would be a better deal, an 00 with 8,000 miles or an 03 with 15,000 miles, both red/tan with the samee options.
    Thanks

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    That opens a few questions and statements:

The 03 with 15K - does not worry me - or most - however will knock the price down due to miles.

The 00 should have a complete 30K service due to time not miles - and it should be documented or if not - severly discounted.

If the price is similar - the 03 is still within warranty (3 years from the in service date) - and that is worth a lot IMO.

What prices are you at with each. If they are close - and the condition are equal on both - go with the 03...

Rich

3. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Don't know the price difference but I'd go 03 with 15,000 miles. If it was an 03 "name any other car" with 15,000 miles you'd be talking about how low the milage was.

This low milage stuff is the only real turn off about F cars. A million posts about 12s being better than 8s, or 360s are better than 355s, or the 430 is awesome. Awesome for what? To look at? You sure can't drive them, cause 15,000 is now a high milage car (that probably runs way better than a GQ). I'm driving mine. My depreciation may be high, but it will be low per mile.

Sorry for the rant.

4. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Agreed.

I view the pervasiveness of Ferrari garage queens as yet more proof that Ferrari is the ultimate poseur marque. Real enthusiasts find excuses to drive their sports cars, not the other way around. And they don't have any use for bright red dust covers!

fwiw, I'd buy the 03 with 15K miles. I think Newton's first law sort of applies to Ferraris too -- if it's been running fine for 15K miles, it'll keep running fine. And by then, it's likely to be pretty well sorted. GQs will have undiscovered and unfixed issues.

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I wouldn't sweat the miles, and with most Ferraris, including 360s, the newer the better. I agree with the previous comments in this thread re:garage queens. It's just a shame that this culture of "low miles" has developed to such an extent in the Ferrari world.

Gary