Grand Prix Imports,Wilsonville,Or | FerrariChat

Grand Prix Imports,Wilsonville,Or

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by mw575, Apr 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Just got back from a "candy Store" extraordanaire of exotic cars in a most beautiful facility.27,00 sq ft inhabited by a gorgeous AM DB9,gallardo,Stryker, Panoz and a panopoly of exotics too numerous to count.
    Go have a look BUT leave your checkbook at home!

2. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I've been there twice--the place is a palace. F1 car on the wall, open service bays--even a lift in the service writing area. Pool table/lounge upstairs, conference rooms for hosting local car clubs.

They invested a ton of money in this place--they are going to have to move a lot of metal to pay for it. I just don't see how it pencils out when Spyker and Panoz are your only new car line.

Time will tell--but it is definitely worth a visit.

3. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    Hmmm - sounds like it would be a great place for a club event. Maybe a tech session or a good place to have a speaker. What do you guys think?
    - Will

4. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Will,
    Speak to the GM-Matt Crandall
    What I meant by "leave your checkbook home" is that if you are the impulsive type the temptations abound.

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
  6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I need to get down there and check it out. Any vintage stuff, or all late-model?

7. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Didn't go over the inventory carefully but saw a 300SL gullwing.

8. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Almost everything I saw was late model. One late '80's 911, one 348 spider, one Buick Grand National (with plush velour seats)--nothing in the early 911, early 3x8, 512bb, etc. range.

9. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    It sounds like a very cool place. I'm definitely have to swing on in there the next time I'm in down in the area.

Maybe they are looking to be the Oregon version of "Park Place Ltd" which is in Bellevue,WA. http://www.parkplaceltd.com/

Nice big beautiful showroom with lots of high end consignment cars, along with their own exotic new car lines.

10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Never been. Wonder if they are open Sunday. Nice out today, if so I am gonna have to take a peak see. Anyone?
    Mike

11. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Heading out to Wllsonville Grad Pre sunday 9:45am to check it out. Apparently a guy by the name of Matt, you used to run Gran Turismo is one of the owners. Scotty, Wasco, Kurt, Don, qanyone wanna meet out there for a tour. I will be there at around 10:30am??

Mike

12. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    What a dealership!!!! I just got back and must say it is the nicest dealership I have ever been too. Must be $5,000,000 plus invested. They actually have showers in the restroom, serve you espresso when you walk in. Very classy establishment.
    The cars are unbelievable as well! Lambo's Lotus, Ferrari's, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Austins (sp), Bently, ect. They are set up to do mods (aftermarket items) to our cars that factory dealers wont do. Test pipes, race set up ect.
    The owners and sales people are very knowledgable and been in the industry for many years. Owners and salespeople are all former and or existing racers.

Two Big thumbs up,

Mike

13. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    ....Mike, I would have loved to go too! I just got back from Georgia on Saturday. I had'nt shaken the cobwebs out by sunday and this is the first time I've seen this post. :( Would go another time if you were interested. Just trying to catch up on things right now . Also doing me 2-weeks Army Reserve duty right now. Then on the 29th I go in for knee surgery. That will put me out for a while. Should be good by mid May? At least I hope anyway. Maybe the weather will be better by then too.

Kurt

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!

14. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    sorry to her about the knee Kurt. That throws you out for the Cannon beach trip then??

15. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    ...I'm affraid so. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for everyone else though! :)X

Kurt