Slightly Offtopic: Skagit Valley Tulip Festival | FerrariChat

Slightly Offtopic: Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by davequick, Apr 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick
    #1 davequick, Apr 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We (the Quicks) had never actually made it to the "tulip festival", but it was actually a lot of fun to see in person. We actually skipped the parade crowds, etc. but we did stop in at a couple of the farms.

If going in a Ferrari it would seem that going >5pm affords the least traffic between the farms (i.e. STOP and go traffic was 1/2 mile or more between each parking lot of each farm... I could see how this would get old with a heavy clutch and not be a lot of airflow for the older cars!)...

If you've never been before, like us, it might be worth seeing at least once.... here are a couple pictures.

Als have some more at:
    http://threefourfive.com/blog/dave/2005/04/skagit-county-tulip-festival.html
    and the full album is available by clicking any of the pictures from the link above.

Just thought I'd mention it because it is local and we had never gone before and we all thought it was pretty cool to see in person.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Air_Cooled_Nut

Air_Cooled_Nut Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Toby Erkson
    My girlfriend likes tulips so I took her last year. Here are my pictures. Click on the picture to see it, click on it again to see it even bigger.

3. Tylerb59

Tylerb59 Rookie

Mar 8, 2005
    Arlington, WA
    Full Name:
    Tyler B
    Excellent photos there ... what kind of camera do you have? Very nice.

4. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick
    Thx. Nikon D70 is what these were shot with.