Any Sidekick users here? | FerrariChat

Any Sidekick users here?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TexasMike, Apr 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Any Sidekick users here? I need to buy a new phone and I'm wondering if you can view and post on Ferrarchat.com with a T-mobile Sidekick? Any other comments about the quality of the service or the phone would also be appreciated. No Paris Hilton comments or jokes please.

2. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Englewood, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mr Bill
    I do believe you can post on here with one. If you REALLY need portable FAST net access do what I did, get a Verizon EVDO card for your laptop (And I ruthlessly hate Verizon wireless because they are run by Satan). If it's lightweight, get the sidekick.

I have one lying around somewhere.. I'll see if I can dig it out and see if I can access FChat with it.

3. Ferrari Diva

Ferrari Diva Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Diva
    I have a Sidekick 2 and it's great. I have posted on F chat with it. You can get on any web site. Sometimes the web service is slow like dial up, but other times it is fast. The cell service is the typical T mobile service- good is some areas, sucks bad in others. I use mine all the time. I suggest getting one and trying it out- they give you 14 days (30 in California) to try out the hardware and service. So, if you like it- it's yours, if not- give it back.

4. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C

Thanks, I'll get one and check it out.

5. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    I'm logged on with the Sidekick II to test it out. It probably took about 4 minutes to get this far. The internet pretty much sucks on T-Mobile. Email works OK, which is my primary use.