Enzo Wanted | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo Wanted

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Roderick, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C

What, you don't want an Enzo also?

2. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Not at all, they look like wacky Hondas.

3. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA

What honda?

4. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I have had 3 different Honda cars. I am not sure which one looks like an Enzo, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of mine.

5. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #30 TexasMike, Apr 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I think he meant "Zonda" :)

7. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA

Hrmmm you might be on to something seeing as the H and the Z key are right beside each... errm never mind. :D

And Mike, that del sol is classic. I definitely see the resemblance :)

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ROTFLMAO...!!!

That red Enzo is a Euro... Know how i can tell...? Not because of the white, rectangular plastic on the front where a European license plate would be or the seemingly orange rear side marker light (as opposed to red US rear side marker lights)...

...but because it's outside in the rain...! :)

9. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Isnt that Enzo living in a Middle Eastern Country? I think i may have seen it in that pic where its sitting atop some type of Glass Roof????

10. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Rob and Mark (or any other moderators), I apologize for my statement which has apparently unleashed some of our more brilliant members here on Ferrarichat. Again, sorry. I'm not replying to any more posts on the topic of the Enzo and the Honda resemblance; I suppose they can PM me if they'd like to continue babbling. Also, sorry in advance to the thread creator.

I'm "pretty sure" I never mentioned any one of your Hondas. The effectiveness of your comment here falls just as short as your quick-witted attempts to call other forum members out because of their oh-so "suspicious" behavior.

You must have zero knowledge base of design languages and what they signify. My (very simple by the way) statement didn't imply that I thought the Enzo looked like a current design in production by Honda or any past design that Honda produced. But you knew that already.

What I mean was that the Enzo doesn't share much as far as design goes with any past Ferraris, and in fact seemingly has more in common with Honda's design languages when the Enzo was built. It really had nothing in common with any of the designs Pininfarina had drawn up for any of the Ferraris that were already in the lineup at the time the Enzo was unveiled. Sure you can make the argument that they wanted to do something "New, and fresh and extreme," but we're not talking about what they wanted to do. Below is the Honda HSC concept car. Sure that car is a giant rip-off of the Enzo (the Enzo came out before the HSC debuted), but the fact stands that Honda drew up (and created) that car, and to be honest it looks like they tried extremely hard to not make it look like an Enzo..
    http://www.autogazeta.com/g/431/Honda_HSC_lv.jpg

Honda IMAS. Very chiseled, look at the body sides of the car, the angular grille openings, etc.)
    http://asia.vtec.net/article/TMS1/imas1.jpg

And as sad as this is, I see more Enzo in this car (The Honda Kiwami) than I do in the Ferarri 550 series, the 360 series or the Ferrari 456...all of which were currently on the market when Pininfarina designed the Enzo.
    http://asia.vtec.net/article/TMS1/kiwami1.jpg

Last but not least, I know you noticed this, and that's why you picked the Del Sol to attempt to mock me with... but the Del Sol and the Enzo share very similar side window shapes and details. I guess it's a testament to what I've been saying to say that NNO, Richard, and Murcielago must have overlooked that. Everyone's an expert.

Sadly this write-up won't mean a thing to you or Richard or Murcielago or even NNO, but I guess I wanted to help educate you on basic design principles. It seems you aren't "true car guys" in the sense that you mocked me for bringing up the Honda brand in the same sentence as the Ferrari Enzo. No I didn't mean Zonda, but you guys already knew that, too. In lieu of that, I'm going to stop here and let you do your own homework...or not. I won't care; the less ineptitude we have in the industry the better.

11. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Ok. Nice attempt at making yourself seem holier than thou. Especially with the "I won't respond anymore" so it can seem like you are getting the last word or holding the high ground. Since you apparently seem to like making references to me how about you read my posts again. They weren't that long. You seem to make alot of assumptions based soley on 2 words of my first post. I'll quote myself so you don't have to scroll back up:

What Honda?

You might have a lot of car knowledge. That is cool. I hope that makes up for your obvious lack of grammar knowledge. I asked a question. Clearly, all you had to do was say "Not any specific car, but some design cues." NOT THAT HARD.

My next post about the H and Z were clearly aimed at the person who made the post since clearly they aren't anywhere near each other. That though would require you to have some amount of deductive reasoning skills. But you have a lot of car knowledge, so that is what counts right?

For record I agree with your HSC comment. I said the same when I first saw it, that it was stealing from the Italian playbook.

12. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    owned

13. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III

Excuse me? I made a simple joke about the likeness between the names "Honda" and "Zonda" and I get flamed for it? Sheesh! I didn't say anything with bad intentions to you, pal...

As for your rockin' soap box sermon, I'd have you know that I work in the field of design (college educated) and am very well accquainted with the intricacies present in industrial design. I find your post insinuating that I lack both design knowledge and enthusiasm for autos to be off-base and offensive. If your future intent is to post more of this high-horse nonsense, I'd suggest at least aiming it in the right direction. Otherwise, have a drink and chill out. No one here is "out to get you"...

14. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

15. Tim the Stick

Tim the Stick Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    Taylor, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim Wakeling
    Hey, no del Sol laughing here. My Right Hand Drive del Sol VXI (w/ Transtop) is wanted right now for attempted murder of an Enzo by "autostarting" it's way across the parking lot at Jack Cauley Ferrari. The other day when I was up getting parts for the 308 I hit the "autostart" for the shop foreman and was amazed that she just walked across the parking lot dragging the back tires. (of course, I didn't think to hit the STOP button, this has never happened before...)

KNOWING full well I left her in neutral (as I always leave her running and put my feet outside the car before I pull the keys out.... habit), I looked at the guy who came with me on the parts run and yelled "did you pull it into gear when you got out of the car?" He shrugged, and it dawmed on me that she didn't STOP when she hit the parking block... No, she hopped RIGHT OVER IT. DRAGGED THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR UP THE CURB (and did tear the hell out of **** too, I might add), and began smashing her nose off the plate glass window trying to get into the showroom to go kick the **** out of the Enzo on the other side.

Well, other than a few scuffs, a few gasps, and a few paint smudges.... All was well. She didn't punch through the window, the guy who came with me DID pull it into gear when he got out, and noting that couldn't be fixed on my end got hurt, and THANK GOD nothing on Ferrari's end got hurt.....

But don't laugh at the Sols. They might come across the parking lot with no drivers to kick the **** out of your Enzo!!!!

Stick

16. Fast Shadow

Fast Shadow Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    Point Dume, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Dear CaliAIDS (very brave of you to be so open, by the way),

The Honda HSC design was publically displayed after the Enzo was unveiled. Unless Pininfarina developed a very stylish time machine and used it to steal Honda's design, you have your facts backwards: Honda borrowed from the looks of the Enzo in their HSC design.

As for your other two examples, they bear absolutely no resemblance to an Enzo, whatsover. Not even the same realm, unless you were referring to the fact they have four wheels and are forms of transportation.

By the way, which Honda dealerships stock the Kwami? Is the Kwami Mustafa edition available yet?

Hope the AZT is working out for you. You may want to consult with your doctor about upping your lithium, though.