FDrive Poll for a date in May. VOTE! | FerrariChat

FDrive Poll for a date in May. VOTE!

Discussion in 'New England' started by Birdman, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which date can you make?

1. May 1

2. May 7

3. May 8

4. All of those dates

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Ya'all,
    I'm taking a poll so we can set up a date for an Fdrive in May. Please vote for your preferred day. If you can make any of them, vote for that. You can vote for more than one date in this poll in case you can make 2 out of 3. We'll just pick the date with the most people.

Please only vote if you intend to be driving an Italian car. Others are welcome, but only Italian car drivers presence is important to this drive (no offense to the papparazzi!)

Birdman

2. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    At least we should finally have some nice warm days by May, so we can all get our new F-Chat shirts out and look like a bunch of geeks :)

3. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    may 7th is the yuppie racing run from boston to NH. we could gladly combine them if anyone wanted? or maybe have it one of the other dates and have 2 drives!

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    NEED MORE VOTES!

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    7th and 8th conflicts with the FCA trip up to Vermont...

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    So far, May 1 is winning.

Kenny, Zan, Verell, Doody...where are you guys??

7. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    I'm game for any of them :)

8. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yup, any of these dates works for me! Count me in!

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    geez dude, chill out! some of us have to work for a living ya know ;)

doody.

10. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Doody,

What, you WORK all the sudden? ;) Sheesh, this poll has been up for a whole day. Where ya been, man?? I remember the good ol' days when you posted every half hour!

Birdman

11. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Hi everybody I'm new to the site. Love to join you all for a nice ride. So count me in.

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Chris,
    Welcome to the site!

Looks like May 1 is winning!

Birdman

13. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    OK, looks like May 1 is the "official" date. Course, those of you that can make the May 7/8 dates, feel free to do another drive. I'm going to concentrate on organizing the May 1 drive.

Where are we going to meet (someone had an idea already...I think in Beverly somplace). Scott was saying 133 was a nice route to drive.

I'm not from that area, so I'm not going to be any help here. Suggestions?

Birdman

14. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Birdman, if Beverly is the location could meet at Starbucks on 1A. Easy with parking out front and in back.

15. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    That stretch of road (rt1A) from Beverly up to Ipwsich was by far the best road I have driven on this year, Not one bump or pot hole. Also very scenic and has a few 50 MPH stretches with curves that I find more fun than Highway driving. Another good location might be Woodmans right on rt133

16. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Starbucks on 1A sounds like a good spot to me. Especially since it is only 2 miles from my house. :) Also, it is very easy to find for those of you not familiar with the area.

17. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I agree with Scott that 1A is a good choice. Rt 133 through Essex is not too bad either. Why not both?

Where is the Starbucks in Beverly? Not sure exactly where that is.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to the 1st of May (the weather had better be VERY good!) LOL

18. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Brandon,
    Starbucks is connected to Bertuccis on Enon Street (Rt. 1A) just a little before you get to Wenham.

19. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    OK, so we'll meet at Starbucks. Does someone have the exact address for mapquest, or post directions from 128. We'll meet there and plan a drive and lunch. What time do we meet?

Birdman

20. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Is there a Nicks Roast Beef in that area?

21. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Yes, Nick's is at the intersection of Enon and Dodge St.

22. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yeah, I think I know the general area of Starbucks/Bertucci's..... I think there is a McDonalds there as well as a Perelli Eye care place, right?

What time are we meeting on the 1st of May? Anyone already figured out a map/route?

This is only a suggestion...

How about going North on 1A and stop off at the Ipswich Beach area (a little off of 1A) and then we can drive back on 1A and hang a left on to Rt. 133 and go directly to Essex, where we can stop and eat lunch perhaps? Back on to Rt. 133 and head towards either the Gloucester area or through another route to Mancester and then back through Beverly Farms and into Beverly...

(There are other varying routes there - Rt. 22 near Essex is sort of sluggish with potholes, but I notice that they are fixing them now - this is near where Paul Russell's place is.)

Jay.... How is the new car? Interested in meeting earlier than the 1st if weather and time allow to grab a coffee and compare our two (almost) identical 328's? You've got my cell number, right? Let me know.

23. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey Brandon,

That is exactly where it is. If you are not sure how to get there, I could always just meet you at your garage and have you follow me.

The car has been awesome. It has been my daily driver since I got it. After driving it for a couple weeks I really feel comfortable with it. It's been nice the last few days being able to get the roof off.
    I do have your number and will give you a call. I was going to call you on Sunday but thought you said you would be in Italy. I obviously have the dates mixed up. I could even meet you at your garage some evening just to take a look at the two of them. Or three of them if your buddy is around.

24. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Sounds cool, Jay! Glad you are enjoying the car! The weather sure has been pretty good for driving around.

Yes, I just returned from Italy on Sunday! The Ferrari factory was awesome and the overall trip was great - only too short! LOL

Some evening, or weekend we can get together for sure. I'm interested in seeing your new car!

Talk to you soon!