Advise to good help for website | FerrariChat

Advise to good help for website

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Apr 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I need know if advise to potential client about web site be good at early stage of business. Client web site have bad English and not read good to american customer that could deal for business.......

I am engaging with a new vendor in China. In reviewing their website, the English end general vernacular is horrible. I know that many American companies look at their site. I would like to know if it is proper to offer help to correct poor grammar to a business in another country. I do not want to seem 1) Rude to the managers I am dealing with and 2) jeprodize a prospective vendor that I really need to do business with.

This company that I am dealing with is a pretty good crew with great products. I just think that some personal time spent with them on my end can help make their web presentation quite a bit better...This quastion was not in the book 'Shake, kiss or bow'!

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Turn moist and vibrant coin of phrase to their business and growning flower offer.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Peter - I ran into this quite a bit. One of my friends actually translated a site in better Engrish, but didn't want to critisize it too much. They are all horrible, they are all... just don't get me started. But what is proper? That's difficult to say, but even from a personal perspective, do you take uninvited critisism constructively? Or do you feel like you shouldn't work with that person who comes knocking at your door in that manner?

Sorry that I don't have a positive yes or no answer for you. It's just a difficult question to answer given the cultural backgrounds that I'm only partially familiar with.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Why not have a few uninvolved people go to thier website and leave some respectful and tactful remarks as feedback. Maybe if they get a few of these they will ask for help. Probably not from you, but if it gets fixed who cares.

Is there one manager that you deal with regularly? Have you gotten to know him/her very well? If so perhaps you could ease the subject into a conversation. I wouldn't offer to help right off the bat, just let them know a little of what you have noticed. If they seem put off, drop it and live with it.

5. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Careful, the asian world works differently WRT to admitting failure than americans do (ie, even worse? :)

I'll leave it up to the more informed to go furthur than that.

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    when i come across stuff that is written by people for who English is not their first language i find myself more receptive to their efforts. unless their site gives users an impression totally antithetical to their cause, interesting Japlish is better than poorly written English.

7. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    You can see this at http://www.tecstandards.com/pdfs/2003_HonorableMention1.pdf . I bought this sound card and had to frame the instructions in my office!

One step reads:

“Remove the PCI slot panel cover(nomatter it with screw or not,if with screw please keep the screw if not with screw please check the system parts box and find out the screw), and plug the QX-1004 on PCI slot with right position,please check the QX-1004 PCI bus(gold finger) is all plug into the PCI slot,put the screw to fix the card on the case.”

8. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The website's vernacular is about as good as this email I got from the sales manager today.

Hi Peter

hope you the wheels will meet your quality requirment. from your email add i guess that you mainly offer elecotronic cyrstals for models and other products, correct?

john

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    John?

Yeah, RIGHT!!!

DL

10. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Petel,

Do not insurt them. Has someone posted. What may mean something in engrish, might mean something erse in Japanese, Chinese, or Kolen.

It's best to reave them to thele own way and dlop the issue arr togther.