New member saying Hi | FerrariChat

New member saying Hi

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 88MONDIAL, Apr 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Hello everybody. I have been reading the posts here for a good 2 months and really like this cite and the banter. Love all exotic/sportscars especially Ferrari. Took a stab at owning one in 1998 - a 1977 308GTB, had it for 3 months but it couldn't pass Wisconsin's strict emissions test. Had to sell it back to the dealer for a loss. Took another stab in 2003 with a 1988 Mondial 3.2 coupe, but the "major service" that was promised me complete never really had happened, I found out 9 days after purchase, so before my home equity loan went through they 'reluctantly' gave my traded Porsche 968 coupe back and I the Mondial and "made it all go away". It was a nasty situation and I was being scammed by what I thought was a credible Saab/Porsche dealer. Luckily there's a 10-12 day wait for the equity loan to go through. But they wanted me to take the car that day. Oh well, I'll regroup and try again in another year or two, I've learned a lot since then and learned some tough lessons. I am enjoying my Porsche Boxster for now. I just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background to my Ferrari experience thus far. Feels nice to be a part of this special group. Talk to you all soon!

2. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Jim, welcome to F-Chat !!! Plenty to learn here before taking another stab at Ferrari ownership.

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    A big [size=+3]HELLO[/size]from me :D

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Jim, Welcome-- You will find more info and good people here then most other boards.

5. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Thank you for the warm welcomes! I'm sure I'll learn a lot here and since I know a fair amount about Ferrari hopefully I can offer my opinions to help others as well.

6. docweed

docweed Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    Morgantown,WV
    Full Name:
    Chuck Stewart
    Welcome Jim: I know you will find this chat line super friendly and helpful. I just bought a 308 and the help and info I've received here had been invaluable. There is no other resource where you can get answers to all of your questions and so rapidly.

7. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    Hey Jim, welcome to Fchat, good luck on finding another red car !!

8. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Welcome aboard....great board!

9. Learner

Learner Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Welcome. A great board with a lot of nice people. You will have fun.

10. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Well, Jim, I struck gold on my 1st try. Sorry for your bad experiences but don't stop w/ a Porsche if a Ferrari is your dream car. There is no substitute.

11. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    Welcome to fchat! sorry to hear about your first experiences with ferrari, but a porsche aint a bad car to have.

12. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Welcom to F-chat Jim. Sorry to hear about the your bad experiences, but I guarantee you if you hang out here long enough, the bug is going to bite, and you will have your first car in within 6 months. :)

13. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    hi Jim!

14. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Welcome to f-chat!

Sorry about the bum deals, if you're ready for more we'll help you sort through the weeds. there are some fantastic people here and they really know these cars.

15. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    Welcome and don't be put off by those bad experiences, the end will be sweet I guarantee. Getting a F car is like getting into a relationship which you have to find the perfect partner, take good care of it and learn to adapt your life with it.

16. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    I think one way or another, Ferrari has giving all of us bad experiences. May be not necessary the same way you, Jim had. But maintainace and servicing is a real nightmare. How many of us experienced the car stolled in the middle of the road for no reasons... But it also gave us a good experience and great experience when it behave right... I tell you no other cars can give you such heaven and hell....