Modena Colors | FerrariChat

Modena Colors

Discussion in '360/430' started by SoftwareDrone, Apr 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm close to making a purchase, and think the yellow is just spectacular. But half the people I talk to think it would be better to lose a limb than to get a yellow sports car. Just today a lady friend of mine said, "Oh! Make sure you get either red or black. Or at least silver. Just don't get something like YELLOW!".
    I have seen red, black and silver Modenas go by in traffic, and if you don't know what to look for, they just glide right under the radar screen. But when I see a yellow Modena or 355 go by, my blood starts boiling!
    So what's the story here? What am I missing? Why does my other lady friend tell me that she wants to drive it - EXCEPT if it's yellow? Yellow Modena or 355 owners, do you secretly regret buying that color? Or, do you get favorable comments on it. What about you redbies and blackbies? Does your car seem to disappear in traffic, or do you get a lot of thumbs up?

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    dont worry about what others think.
    yellow is my favor ferrari color. i have red cars only cuz i cant really find yellow ones.

3. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I can't comment on owning one, but when I am driving, I am always looking at every red and yellow car coming down the road. I am sure black Ferraris have passed me without me noticing. I think red, silver, yellow are some of the best colors to choose. JMO.

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Are you buying it for your lady friend or for yourself? I truly hope you're buying it for yourself.

5. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Pick yellow or red for show, and silver, titanium, TDF blue, or black for go.

I've never understood why people want to get a bright look-at-me color for their high performance sports car. The last thing I want is to stand out like a sore thumb while I'm trying to enjoy the car.

Regardless, you should always get the color YOU want. You'll just have to watch your speed a little more than us low-profile types! :)

6. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    I went from Stealth (Grigio) to well....

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54388

I like Yellow, wife likes yellow and as of today my toddler's favorite car color is yellow. Having people see you is good and bad depending on the context. I got what color I liked, and so should you. BTW, my friends that are ladies, tend to see and like the Yellow....but that's Cali for you.

7. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    It comes down to your personal taste. If yellow is the colour you like, you should get it. When you come to sell it, there will be people who like yellow though there migh be less purchasers.

I have a Grigio Alloy 360 as it is the colour I liked most.

Some people like bright colours some don't. Some people drive F-cars to get attensions some don't (note me).

It is really up to you.

8. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Pick what you like. If you want a girl's color..........kidding! The official color of the town of Modena is yellow. So there's your justification.

9. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    as has been said, this is all a matter of taste, just as styling of cars is.....having been in the market for 355 and 360s for several years and having owned both, i can tell the only issue is resale ...its easiest to sell the red, and then titanium and silver...the yellow is futher down, i believe, but the car does look great in yellow, where as i perfer the 355 in red over yellow....also, red and yellow do draw extra attention to car that already is draws a lot of attention...its fun at first, but then its annoying, esp in a spider....it becomes a freak show!!!!

10. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    on fcars, i usually like yellow, but lately i'v been seeing a few of the deep blue fcars and liking those alot

11. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Been driving red cars for the last 15 years - this year, I'm purposely painting mine yellow. I'm sick of red - it's a cliche'.

12. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I have owned both red and yellow 360 Spiders. They both attract attention more so than the more muted colors. I drove a Titanium Stradale a couple of times and though it attracted attention, the red and yellow certainly were more noticeable.

My view is a sport car just not only be exciting to drive but EXCITING TO LOOK AT. Yellow is a great color on a Ferrari regardless of the model. Ferrari yellow is elegant with a subdued but assertive color tone.

Regarding your girl friend, now is the time to test the relationship. Learining to appreciate and accept differences in one another is what strengthens the bond.:)

13. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin
    Has your lady friend seen the ferrari yellow?
    I haven't been the biggest fan of yellow, as people around me know I'm a silver person ;). However when you see the yellow in person it is really different the any picture. I think for some, the idea of yellow, and yellow's many different meanings is a turn off, however I remember the first time I saw a Murci in Yellow, it changed my mind completely. Perhaps it's the irridecence, or the boldness of it, but it's pretty cool.
    Besides you said it's your lady friend, right? Not your wife, you most certianly don't have to comprimise on this issue :) it's your car.

14. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I would drop the girl, while on the surface, expressing an opinion is fine, to totally write off yellow and insult your tast in the process, is a warning sign. Its the small stuff that matters, end it with her now and buy the yellow one.

15. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Again, that's why I love this website so much! So many happy, friendly people sharing their opinions.
    (I know I'm going to TOTALLY get flamed for this but...) Girlfriend? Sure, I have a girlfriend. Today. And a new one tomorrow. And a new one the next day. And so on... ;-)
    I think a couple of posters hit it right on the head. All of the people who have dissed yellow Ferraris that I have actually taken to the dealership and let them look at a red one and a yellow one side by side? They instantly become believers! The red and black ones quickly become lost in the crowd. Not to say they aren't rolling pieces of art; they're just not as outrageous looking.