Going to Manhattan for 2 days: any suggestions? | FerrariChat

Going to Manhattan for 2 days: any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 602rwt, Apr 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 602rwt

602rwt Rookie

Aug 7, 2004
    I'll be visiting my girlfriend this Friday in downtown NYC. If anyone has suggestions about where to eat, what to see, what clubs to visit, they are much appreciated.

2. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    watch out for Muppets

3. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    I dont know much about the clubs etc, but if you fancy Italian food, I can recommend a place called Stella Del Mare. Its not the cheapest place you'll go to, but its nice. Its at 346 Lexington and 40th.

As for things to do, I'd give the Empire State building a miss...it takes ages to get up there, and isnt all that. If you insist on going, buy tickets before hand and miss a lot of the pointless queues.

If you want to see the Statue of Liberty, you can go on the Statten Island Ferry, rather than paying to go on a specific cruise (its a cheap option!). Wall Street is down near the Ferry terminal, so worth a look (see that HUGE Bull etc)

I'd recommend a show on broadway of some sort. I'd probalby get tickets before hand as the late/cheap tickets are available, but a pain in the bum to get.

Actually, before I go off on one... it would probably be better to be a bit more specific. What would YOU like to do....then someone with far better knowledge of NYC than me can reply.... :)

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    The Palm restaurant on 51st & Broadway has excellent food but $$.

Also theres a great Sushi place near there right on Broadway, its big, its red its on a corner its always packed.

5. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.

What type of food do you like? There's just too many great places here in Manhattan. Also what is your budget? I can send you to a sushi place that will cost 100 or 600. If you like Italian there are loads of places that will cost you 70 to about 300.

Clubs there are plenty. Lounge type or hip hop.

Shoot me a pm and give me more info. More than willing to help

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I recommend visiting The MET or the MOMA.

7. pots

pots Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    new jersey
    Full Name:
    Pots...Mr. Pots
    Ruby Foos...Chow down there once a week

8. ferrari owner

ferrari owner Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 5, 2005
    Go to Marquee.

9. ferrari owner

ferrari owner Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 5, 2005
    If your gf lives in downtown NYC then she should know where to go unless she is a good girl and doesn't go out much. If you take her to a club don't do it on a Sat. or Sunday. Cool, hip New Yorkers don't go to clubs/ lounges on Sat or Sunday night. Take her out to dinner.

10. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.

Bridge and Tunnel crowd

11. 602rwt

602rwt Rookie

Aug 7, 2004
    I'm a young guy (29), and have a budget of about $120 for a nice Italian meal for two. Plus, I'd like to visit at least two premiere techno clubs on Saturday night and see some beauuuuuutiful people.

Thanks so far for the suggestions.

12. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.

Is the budget for 120 including going clubing or just dinner? If just dinner then loads of great places in the village..cheaper than tribeca. FYI, unless you get a hookup just to get you in a club will cost you 20 each, then if you want EC style partying then it's 400 a bottle for table service. Depending on how you look or hook up you might be waiting outside a long time, waiting to get in a club