problems on the way home from silverstone | FerrariChat

problems on the way home from silverstone

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, Apr 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    set of home with f308man simon lambo and a 355 and 348 stopped at the services south of sheffield for a drink and a rest after wrestling with the 12 cylinder power set of from services to the next juction as we all go different ways there put ny foot down and wowthere was minis fiestas and protons passing me
    there was no warning lights on so stopped and started the engine a few times still on six cylinders so thoughjt better crawl home got home swopped everything coil packs ecu ect side to side but still would not run on 7- 12 cylinders but no warning lights on then i noticed with ignition on every light on dash was working except 7-12 warning light so no power to that ignition bank 7 12 this was a 11.30 last night went to bed with the attitude gonna sell that pile of crap

got up this morning read the handbook and wiring diagramthere is a fuse for each bank of cylinders thougt if its a fuse i have done all this for nothing but fuse ok then there is two relays cylinder bank 1-6 7-12 swapped them round and bingo 7-12 running and 1-6 not so all this crap for a £10 relay

2. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    So! As many predicted, you have been forced by the HUGE fuel consumption of your boulevard cruiser to reduce the number of cylinders at your disposal! We all thought you would trade down to a V8, but you've leap-frogged that and gone straight to a "6"!:D

3. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    If I were you I would still sell the car, just to be on the safe side

4. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Everything's always clearer in the morning...

5. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Nicely diagnosed mate, and pleased to hear it's only a £10 relay.

6. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Stevef

glad you sorted it

Might be worth reading Wolfgang's post over on the Europe section, his old relays caused a fire :(

7. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Good work Steve. If it was me, I'd have no clue where to begin so I'd have crapped my shorts, sent it to the garage and been spanked a fortune for the privilege of having them sort it.

Jamie

8. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Sorry to read you had problems on the way home steve,you've sorted it now well done m8,see you on sunday m8:D

9. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Feels good when you fix it yourself though :)

10. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff

i'll second that!

11. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    i suggested something simple like a relay, on the phone sunday night ... do i win a prize ?

12. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

first prize a 512m second prize 2 512m's