Removing CS Pre-Cats | FerrariChat

Removing CS Pre-Cats

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by stinger, Apr 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stinger

stinger Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    San Carlos, CA
    I originallly started a thread on this in the Modern area; however, based on the information I received, I think my questions are now heading more in a technical direction.

Essentially, I'm looking to remove the pre-cats on a CS. My initial thought was to replace the stock manifold with either a 360 Challenge or Euro spec part (apparently they're the same part number). This seemed like a feasible solution until it was mentioned that the Challenge/Euro manifold doesn't have provisions for the air injection set-up. Is anyone aware of workarounds for this problem?

Another suggestion was to gut the pre-cats out of a set of stock manifolds. This would take care of the air injection system, but could have a negative impact on the flow of the mainfold itself.

Ideally, there would be an aftermarket solution for this. Unfortunately, it sounds like no one is currently making 360 headers for US spec cars.

Short of an aftermarket part eventually becoming available, I don't know if I'm just opening a can of worms trying to make a different solution work.

Thanks in advance for any info/guidance.

2. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
  3. stinger

stinger Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    San Carlos, CA
    Thanks for the link 4i2fly.

I spoke with Matt yesterday...I guess the custom made headers were pretty costly and took about 2 months to complete. I'm not sure if they had air injection plumbing or not, but it sounds like the current process is to remove the stock headers, remove the pre-cats, and reinstall. I just wish there was an easier alternative :-/ .