Daytona Seats vs. Regular Seats | FerrariChat

Daytona Seats vs. Regular Seats

Discussion in '360/430' started by SoftwareDrone, Apr 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Please don't punch me too hard if this is something that has been brought up a hundred times, but I'm just trying to figure out the difference between the standard and the daytona seats. Besides the inserts, that is. What are the inserts for besides a little more show? Do they make the seat more comfortable? Less comfortable? Something to do with your back?
    Thank you.
    :)

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Correct. The shape of both the standard and Daytona seats are the same. However, the Daytona's center section, (back and seat cushions) has a different style leather treatment know as 'leather strapping'. To most the Daytona seat is more comfortable, desirable and typically a selling feature. Electric seats are an option for either style seat.

3. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    The Daytona seat is a retro look that harkens back to the day when Ferrari raced cars in that venue. The F cars had similarly finished seats back then. It has more to do with the style and look than anything else. I like them!

4. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    doesnt matter, get the sport seats. Most comfortable seat EVER!

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks folks for your replies. Actually, I do think that the sports seats are the coolest looking out of the group, but when I sat in one I felt that I could not rest my arms in a normal position (at my sides) like I could in a regular seat. I know my hands are supposed to be on the steering wheel, but I was thinking about the passenger. Any feedback on this from sport seat owners?
    Also, I saw another post where a guy bought a Modena with Daytona seats, then promptly yanked them out and dropped in some Sparco racing seats. This keeps the stock seats fresh for resale. Good idea!

:)

6. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Never like the Daytona seat. Sat in them and didn't feel any different. And it will be more difficult to clean and take care of.

Love the sport seat, the way it hugs around my body. But if I will use the car a lot, regular seat is the way to go.

However, I think Ferrari doesn't design its seat very well. I have sat and drove some of 328, 348, 355, 360, 512TR, 575, 456, I can't get comfortable in any of them. The best one so far is the F355 (talking regular seat here).