WWPD? What Would Peters Do? | FerrariChat

WWPD? What Would Peters Do?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FarmerDave, Apr 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    A half hour ago, fresh out of Coors Light and Levi Garrett, and no burnt sienna crayon to finish my Hanoi Jane target drawing on the wall of the garage, I made a run to my local Wal-Mart (note that it's approx 2am central daylight savings time here.)

I parked waaay out like I usually do, and start walking towards the door, past a group of people surrounding a car in the parking lot. About a 99 Chevy Metro, major hail damage and paper dealers plates. What they were doing was none of my business, until I saw a lady whose face looked vaguely familiar. I soon recognized her as the usual Wal-Mart greeter, and as I passed, she asked, "Do you have a slim jim in your car?"

Like any good boy scout, I am always prepared. To break into cars.

They had coat hangers and screwdrivers and I-don't-know-what-all stuck in between the door and the roof. They were doing all kinds of damage. So I gave them the slim jim and told them to toss it in the bed of my pickup when they were thru with it. I went in, bought my beer and chew and crayon, and came out 15 minutes later, only to see a smaller group of people working on the car, obviously with no luck.

So I ask you, WWPD? I mean, it's their fault they shop at wal-mart, and it's their fault they locked their keys in the car, right? I mean, aren't wal-mart shoppers born with a silver slim-jim in their mouth? Jeezus, what's wrong with this country!

...with tounge planted firmly in cheek ;)

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Walmart is open at 2am? :confused:

And why do you need to park your car "waay out?" Is it that busy?

3. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    24 hours.

No I hate parking next to cars that only carry liability insurance and don't give a f*ck about swinging the door of their buick regal into my new truck. :)

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Were they trying to get their family out?

5. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    BWHAHAHAHA! I didn't bother to notice. :) Could have been.

6. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    So it is busy enough at 2am, that there are many cars in the parking lot?

BTW there are many people who own expensive cars, and just carry liablity:) One shall not judge (Adam Corolla) ;)

7. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Yeah... probably 50 cars in the parking lot. Probably 40 of them were employees.

And what I said was, "they don't care about..." People wealthy enough to own expensive cars and self-insure by only carrying liability insurance, are not going to open their car door and hit mine. They park far out too.

And Adam Corrolla (literally, a millionaire) is one of the greatest radio talents out there. The Man Show didn't do him justice. It's a shame his talents are wasted on that silly show about pre-teens with STD's.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Nothing doing?

This was starting to sound like any other contrived Penthouse Forum story

......until it took a turn toward Popular Mechanics.

9. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
  10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    PeterS would have offered his AAA card to the lady that was locked out of her car and waited until help came (To open it and give the tow driver my card for the job).

PS / Farmer Dave: Post a pic of the Jane target!

11. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    ;)