School Car Show!! Need cars!!! Please!!! | FerrariChat

School Car Show!! Need cars!!! Please!!!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Alex_Grim, Apr 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hi,
    My school is having its annual car show. The money made is to help the Future Bussiness Leaders of America(FBLA) Club. I am new at the school so I really don't know how well the show pulls off, but I have been told that over the last couple years they have had over 20 cars. Any type of car is accepted. It would be nice if a couple guys could bring a Ferrari, but anything will do as long as it is special some how. There will be vistor awards given out, so no judging by professional judges will be going on. It should be a fun time and a good atmosphere. The date is April 23. The location is Centennial High School in Roswell. The price is $15 at the door. If you are interested in comming please post on this thread and I will be glad to send you an Email or PM with more information. Vistors are also welcome, so if you can't enter a car please please stop by and say hi. I will post direction from what ever direction someone asks from.
    Thanks Alot,
    Alex

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I am sure you will not have a problem getting a few Ferrari's at your show considering where you are. If I can get free I'll bring mine.

3. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for trying. I hope I don't have any problems finding some cars.

4. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    I'll bring my '03 Cobra and '01 Steeda GT and see if I can get my friend with a black '04 Z06 and modded '00 S2000 as well as anyone else I can get ahold of. :)

Rick

5. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you so much!! I will have the time of the show on Monday. We have about the time when it will be, but nothing in stone. Do you need directions from somewhere?

6. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Do you have the times set for that day? I would be willing to help you with the show as I do this sort of thing all the time and I live in the neighborhood across Holcomb Bridge. I need exacts on stuff though to make plans.

Chris

7. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Times have not been set. They will be set onMonday or Tuesday. They have tried to have this before, but they have no idea about what to do. That is one reason I am as involved as I am. My family has been doing this sort of thing for years. If you would show up the morning and maybe help to set the cars up that would be nice. When i get the times we could set up a time to talk about it that morning with the sponser teacher and talk about where the cars should go. Thanks alot.

8. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    FerrariKid, My mother-in-law works at Centennial High School in the counselor's office. What time is your car show? I have a Black 355 Berlinetta I'd love to bring by. What time is it and how long does it go for?

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As the weather forecast for next Saturday, at this moment, is not too promising, I need to ask:

Do you have a rain date planned?

(If it's the following Saturday, 4/30, I am planning on attending another high school show, at South Forsyth High.)

10. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It would be great if you could bring by your 355. The times will be set in stone tomarow (Monday) or Tuesday. The times they had planned were too long, so I need to suggest it to be shorter.
    As for a rain date there is not one set, but will be set. I looked at the weather and it said that it maynot be good, but that was with like a 30% of rain. It is also too early to tell. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Thanks for all the help that has been offered. Hope it keeps going strong.
    Alex

11. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The time has been set! The time is 10-4. Yes I know this is too long, but the head teacher made the last call and these are the times she wanted. You all know to get to the show early enough to get a good place and to look over the car. A rain date has not been set, ill bring that up tomarrow.

Reminders about the show: April 23 at Centennial High School in Roswell. $15 at the door to support the FBLA Club. Directions are given upon request. Judging will be done by vistors and owners. In other words invite people to come and chat for a while.
    Alex

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If the rain moves out in time I'll be there. It'll be a bit chilly and windy, but certainly no worse than the Georgia Tech show and probably better.

I hope all the north-end Ferrari folk come and support you.

13. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for trying. I will be sending a PM to everyone that said they were interested with my contact info. The rain should be gone by Saturday. But then again chilly is a relative term to what we have had lately. Also if anyone has any project cars there will be an award for the "Best Junk Car".

14. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Good morning everyone. Today is the day and the show is still on. The weather should be just cool, but nice. See y'all there!
    Alex

15. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Nice show. There was almost more Italian machinery than American.
    The Montreal was a pleasant surprise.

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Agreed. For a high school show, to have 2 Alfas and 2 Ferraris there the whole day (and a third of each for short periods) is quite remarkable, and for a change the quantity of Italian machinery equalled the German.

It was great to see Rick and his Steeda Mustang again. And the diversity of cars was remarkable, even to a 1945 Jeep, a vintage Land Rover and a Legends car.

And to think I wound up with a trophy out of it! (And a 23" high one at that--now I'm going to have to create a trophy shelf somewhere!)

Thanks for inviting everyone, Alex. I only wish more FChatters had been there.

17. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you to everyone that showed up at the show. It turned out much nicer then I thought.

I wish that they had it planned out just alittle better, but I will be in charge next year and there will be more cars and more Ferraris.

Congrats to the guys that won awards your cars looked great.

Pictures should be up in a day or so.

Thanks again and I'm looking forwardto next year. It will be bigger and better.

Alex

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    A suggestion for revised categories for next year, since I really wound up in the wrong category, and "sports/exotics" is rather nebulous. Try this:

Domestic
    European
    Asian
    Modified/Tuner

Along with Truck/SUV, Off-Road, Beater (instead of "Junk") and Unique. The first three categories would be for stock or nearly so, the rest would go into Modified/Tuner, which I don't think would have to be split further.

19. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Had a great time Alex! Was a good turnout, more than I expected. We need more Ferrari's and Lambo's next year, as well as Vipers! :)

Was good to see you Jim, your 328 looked immaculate as usual!