Don't piss off Bono! | FerrariChat

Don't piss off Bono!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SrfCity, Apr 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bono seems like a *****, whinny rocker. U2 sucks too. Never understood their insane popularity.

Since Bono seems to want to help out with poverty and sickness so much, does anyone know how much if any money he uses directly to help?

3. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #3 Sfumato, Apr 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    It would seem that people who have benefited from the accident of success in popular culture somehow have opinions that are perceived as more meaningful that those of their equally educated, but less fortunate contemporaries.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

When the newer Canadian Prime Minister, Paul Martin, came into power, during his inauguration U2 did a concert for them. I'm guessing at that time the Liberal government of Canada promised to donate to poverty as part of the agreement. They reneged on their promise. I'd be a little pissed at "Mr Dithers" too.

6. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    You mean pop-stars are educated? I thought they were mostly lower class trash that got lucky?

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I didn't say anything about them being well-educated or college educated, simply that people seem to listen to them compared to a similarly educated burger flipper.

8. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I dont know about Bono, but in college I did meet and speak a few times with Michael Stipe of REM. He is an idiot. He also had terrible body odor, literally he stunk!

Terry

9. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Jason,

U2 was popular when you were born, so I understand it not being your type of music. Personally, I workout to it occasionally. But, that's beside the point. I have a hard time faulting anyone who believes in his convictions and works like he does to promote his cause. I don't know how much he personally has contributed, but it is something I'd be interested in. Still, he is not like others that just lend their name and don't understand the issue. That's why he was nominated for the NPP.

10. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I love U2.

Bono has done alot of good for alot of people. I recall him helping out aids infected children in africa and spreading aids awareness with someone else (forget who), among other things. No need to trash him just because hes "celebrity".

11. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I consider most of them to be lottery winners and treat them as such. I may enjoy the fruits of their labor, but money + power/celebrity does not equal intelligence.

C.

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #12 Sfumato, Apr 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I like them too, but that is irrelevant. An entertainer, albeit a humanitarian
    (friends with Warren Buffett's recently deceased wife Susie), doesn't give him right to chew out an elected leader. Perhaps the great control seen in getting justices nominated, or people allowed to die peacefully demonstrates the power leaders truly DON'T have; *****ing at them is as useful as Moore or Coulter. Although Coulter looks better in a mini :p
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    True in a sense. I got pissed at Moore but am applauding Bono, so maybe I should take a step back and realize im just favoring the actions of celebs when their opinions co-incide with mine.

Not sure how I feel about it really. I get the feeling Bono's intentions are more "pure" than Moore's though. Something extremely weasely about that guy.

14. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
  15. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Breaking news? It's over a week old!

16. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    The government "gives" to poorer countries just like every other government. Bono's beef is with Aids in Africa. Apparently Paul Martin said he would do more for that one cause and he hasn't focused more attention as of yet.

As for the number Bono gave out it was only to a switch board, anyone who would ever call already has that number and can be found on many government websites. And as for Peta hating the government, Anna Smith isn't exactly a mouthpiece for anything other than being a mouthpiece.

This story is kind of BS. The jist is true but the details are way off. If they were going to write a story about PM Martin they could at least get more interesting stories with some facts.

Most media today is crap anyway. Newspapers, magazine and tv programs are usually trying to sway the public to one side and every now and then they try to spice things up with gossip. I hear stories and check facts now, I don't take any publication as 100% true. It's very sad that the public can't be sure about what they read, see or hear any more.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I have heard he can be a Bono Fide a$shole!

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I guess that makes sense. But i like other 80's bands, but I guess they were late 80's so i was just then making up my music genre likes and dislikes. No hatred towards anyone who likes them or any other band i dislike. Just not my cup of tea.:)