UPDATE on hit and run on my Infiniti G35 | FerrariChat

UPDATE on hit and run on my Infiniti G35

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by JSinNOLA, Apr 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I got back from being out of the country on Sunday and checked my voicemail first. There were two messages left from the person at fault's insurance company. They stated they were ready to send an appraisor out to see my car and that the insured company admitted to causing the damage. Phew!

The next day, yesterday, I met with the appraisal person who set the appraisal right in between the two estimates I had received independently. So far not so bad.

I asked him about compensation for diminished value and rental reimbursement and he told me to talk to the adjustor handling the situation. So he leaves, I call the adjustor.

She is very nice and although the repair will only take 3-4 days, they will cut me a check for $50 a day for 6 days for rental. Not too bad.

As for the diminished value, she says she needs to check with her superiors who handle the DV claims. She calls back today and says that they are willing to cut me an additional check for $1100 for the diminished value. I found this acceptable because I spoke with the Infiniti dealer at length and they said I would be extremely lucky to get between $250-$500.

Checks will be in the mail later on today.

Overall not nearly as dificult or time consuming as I thought the situation would be. And I might wait until the end of May to do the repairs since I will be out of town for about 10 days.

Thanks to everyone who provided me with input and advice, MUCH APPRECIATED! :)

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end :)

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great news. Good to see it worked out.

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    glad to read its all getting worked out. this is just me, but i would slip the security guy a thank you note and a few bucks for doing such a good job. lots of folks just dont care nowdays.

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Agreed, I will think of something nice to do for him. Also, a woman in my apartment building actually witnessed the crunch occur, and she is the one who alerted security, so I need to do something nice for her as well.

For a crappy situation it actually couldn't have worked out smoother!

6. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    hit it
    lick it
    split it
    quit it

:)

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I think she is three times my age, so I will extend the F-chat courtesy and give you first dibs :)

8. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    I'm glad it worked out.
    Keep us updated on how the repair turns out.

p.s.
    John in regards to your tint thread.
    I had mettallic tint put on my BMW and it ruined my AM reception. Antenna is in the rear window.
    You might look into Huper Optik which is a ceramic tint.
    http://www.huperoptikusa.com/consumer_auto.cfm

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    And let the security guard watch.

10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Sure thing!
    Do you know of any places in the New Orleans area that offer this kind of tint?

11. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Let me know the time and place. I don't discriminate. 18-65. :)

12. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Do you know of any places in the New Orleans area that offer this kind of tint?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone in N.O. installs that brand. I the the link has a dealer finder.

13. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I don't know about places on the southshore. Mobile One used to offer a variety of tint. I think they still have places on the south shore.

I don't know anything about ceramic tint. I'm going to look into it. I would like something that will have the best insulative qualities.

Tropical Shades in covington does good work.

A friend of mine had his tint done at a place in slidell, he is going to send me the name of the place. I'm trying to decide what tint I want to get.

I had my tint done on my convertable at All Day car care in Mandeville. They cut my top with their razor while doing the work but wouldn't offer me any help on getting it fixed. I would stay away from them. FWIW

14. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah! Great! Whoop-Dee-Doo! Now what the hell am I supposed to do with the box of .40 Hydroshok's I just bought! Geeez!!

;) :D :D :D

Glad it worked out Bro!

Dave

15. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    nice to hear they are sorting it