Alignment settings for Nick Forzas coilovers... | FerrariChat

Alignment settings for Nick Forzas coilovers...

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Robert Ellis, Apr 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert Ellis

Robert Ellis Rookie

Aug 1, 2004
    Aloha everyone! I have an 83 euro 308QV that I want to put Nick's coilovers on. I am looking for front and rear alignment specs to start with. As I live on Kauai, (read no official racetracks) the car will see only very spirted road driving with perhaps the odd ferry crossing to see Oahu's track. I am running Yokohamas A032's hard compound at 245/40/17s. The bushings will be changed to Nick's polygraphite at the same time that the coilovers are installed. I am also interested in what anybody has to say about using POR 15 on their suspension parts and what if any clear coats they may have used with this "paint". Mahalo for the Kokua! Yikes! I mean thanks for the help. Robert

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Going to Nick's shocks and springs are like going to QA-1's or Varishocks or adjustable Konis... changing the the shock/spring arrangement normally doesn't change your suspension alignment settings. Since you're not racing, I'd suggest that you just use the standard/stock alignment settings that are in your owner's manual. That's what I did when I put in the Varishocks (see the thread at http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39712) and that's what most others have done.

3. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    I have been using Nicks coil overs for several years both Road and Track use and have found that the orginal settings will be fine. I however have spent time with a good alignment shop setting car up for better performance on both the road and track by changing camber settings to my likeing.

A good alignment shop will be able to assit you with a better setup if you desire but start with stock setting and then go from there.

Paul

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    There's a lot of material posting about alignment settings for different use patterns. You are basically trading (tire) wear rate for cornering prowess with camber (more tends to equal more) and stability versus steering responsiveness with toe (less = more).

On specific settings, unless you are at the track, I'd stay stock. Even for "spirited" driving on the street.
    Philip

5. Robert Ellis

Robert Ellis Rookie

Aug 1, 2004
    My thanks to all who have replied, however, I do not have the owners manual and other than saying the car is cool, the local alignment shops don't want to touch the car without a starting point. I would be greatful if someone could help with this. So what I need is some real numbers to start from. Thanks for any help that can be offered. Aloha! Robert

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass

Register at the owners site and download the manual.

7. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness