OT - Sensible Thread about Gov. & Politics | FerrariChat

OT - Sensible Thread about Gov. & Politics

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LeeP, Apr 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Dear all,

After criticism about the general nature and feeling of the threads I create, I thought I would stir it up a little in this "game" and ask people's opinions when it comes to voting.

You see having never voted before, it's never really occured to me that the people who run this god forsaken country are elected by everyday people like yourselves and myself. And, the way the country is being run at the minute is; in my opinion, quite disgraceful.

Now, if I were to run this country - this maybe a biased view and I will take no offence whatsoever to those who challenge my opinion as this is the whole point of a forum:

a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest

Well ladies and gentlemen I believe that the politics behind our lives and the way forward is of public interest and quite clearly needs discussing.

How will you be voting this year? What will skew your feeling towards one party rather than other? Its my opinion that children are our future - correct? Good; we're in agreement. Children need education. They need education to teach them discipline. Language. History and culture. Children are the people that in 30 years time will be running our country. And quite frankly I'd prefer a person with an educated background to be in charge of the dirt that I live on. So, do we go for the party who is to offer guidance and support to those who need it?
    On the other hand, it's the wise ones around us that will teach and guide the younger generations. As we get older, our immune system doesnt work as well. Do you want better medical care? Do you want to know that where you are going is clean, safe, warm and professionals are looking after you?

How will you vote and why?

Discuss........

2. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    dont wanna talk about it, some woman was banging on my door tonight asking if i was gonna vote conservative, i was eating my tea and told her i was eating my tea and i wasn't gonna vote for any of you b4stards, you are all the same, so before i open a can of whoop ass on you go away, by the way do you know thats classed as a form of soliciting which is illegal...................................she left

3. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Dear Steve,

Please accept my humble apologise in advance. However, I would like to keep this topic "on topic" so I can see if we can have my first sensible discussion.
    I am sorry the unfeeling person made your tea go cold. Maybe you wont be voting Conservative this year?

Lee

4. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    If youve got Loads a Money, you vote Tory

I will be voting Labour

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

5. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

its on topic i wont be voting and you and sensible dont go in the smae sentence after you rexploits at lime tree's , in any case i wrote the post for you

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i will sell my voting ticket for £5 to anybody that wants it as i have never voted as they are all lying bastards

7. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    In what sense Steve? What has one of the parties done to you or changed that has gone against your views? Did it benefit anyone else?

8. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

here here the are all c0ckpieces, blair is a grade A c0ckpiece and so are you LeeP you should have posted this in the politics and religion thread.

You C0ckpiece

9. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Steve

The fact of the matter is, is that it appears people dont know what they think and vote with the majority - I want to see if people have their own thoughts. Are we all being brain washed. Was Iraq right?

The UK needs some stimulating conversation every now and then...

10. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

you have my view i dont vote they are all c0ckpieces, when ant and dec run for pm i'll vote

11. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    :)

12. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I don't think I'm going to bother this time. i know people fought for the right to vote but I can't get motivated.

Would never vote Conservative because it's not in my roots, don't trust Tony Blair any more although I think Gordon Brown is managing the economy fairly well (aside from all the tax I have to pay)

And the Lib Dems wouldn't have a clue what to do if they got into power.

I'll vote for "None of the above"

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Don't feed the trolls ,pls... Lee P Oh, and sharpen up TArse :p

14. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    If you dont vote dont fk--g moan about the state of the Country for the next five years as you had no input and you lost your right to grizzle

RAY360M

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Spot on m8

16. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Here here

17. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Must admit I tend to vote one way, but probably don't listen to what each party says properly.

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    OMG, could be my grandfather talking- i kid you not :eek:

19. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    #19 GrahamS, Apr 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Brief so far (courtesy of the BBC)

Labour tries to shift the focus away from Iraq onto the economy, while the Conservatives highlight their immigration plans and the Liberal Democrats concentrate on pensions.

Tony Blair promises to examine claims that GPs are not allowing advance appointments because of government targets.

Charles Kennedy promises that pensioners will be better off under the Liberal Democrats than any other party.

Westminster is the worst place to be based in the final days of campaigning as the real fights are in scattered constituencies across Britain.

"We are not entering this in some kind of rose-spectacled way. We are being hard-headed and realistic."

Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy on his party's spending plans...

21. reggie

reggie Guest

I agree politics has become a complete joke, nobody is going to deliver what they claim and so i almost find it completely pointless, the fact that one of these b**t*rds will be running our country then i feel that i have no option but to vote. Tony Blair, i feel, is the biggest liar of the lot and lets his boss (Bush) control him on matters of huge relevance to the people of the UK. The Lib Dems have made some sense to me, but, although im not happy about it, i will be voting Tory. One day i would like to see a Tory government in power, with Michael Portillo has PM, the only politician i have any respect for !
    My views only of course

22. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    wqhatever one says the other pulls to bits should sack all politacains as the all tell lies and line there own pockects there has been a few locked up for fraud

23. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I think Gordon Brown has done a good job too. However I am going to vote for the party that supports small businesses the most and encourages growth and ligitimate competition within the small business arena, and prevents big business steamrolling us little guys.

Based on past experience, who has supported small businesses most (IYO)??? Who can I trust?

24. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Ade,
    The problem today (and probably for the past year) is - who has promised to look after smaller businesses trying to make flight and who out of those has stuck to it. General feeling is that the highights that may swing it for you to vote for one person hasnt followed through on his promise.

Brown has done well - I still dont agree with the amount of tax that one pays but this is a topic we all have a sour spot for yet nothing really seems to happen (except us getting ripped off more and more by the day!).

An important one for me is fuel costs and ways/means of subsidising.
    Do we rule out car tax and increase petrol prices? Or pay more tax to subsidise the other?

I read somewhere in the Guardian not long ago that the Conservaties were going to do "What was right" to get small businesses off their feet.

25. steve456

steve456 Karting

Feb 16, 2005
    in uk, south coast
    Full Name:
    steve

absolutly spot on steve m8, however, i will be voting conservative, just so tory blur cannot continue with his big brother incarceration and control of everyone in this land !!