Spanish GP | FerrariChat

Spanish GP

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by sklitz11, Apr 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Who is interested in getting together and watching the upcoming Spanish GP on CBS.
    There are three or four guys that would be up for it so I thought I would throw it out to the rest of you, per Andreas' request.

Who is in?

Thanks.

Vince

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Count me in for interest, signup depending on final location.

3. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I have interest. I think it would be best to keep the location key for all involved. I don't think any had problems with the fun Outback Xmas meet and since that is near Des Plaines and off the tollway for a lot of people, I suggest you stick that area. Now having the weather cooperate is another matter.

RocketBoy

4. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I agree..

Being that you guys have had get-togethers in that area it probably works for most.
    I will wait to see if there are any other takers.

Vince.

5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    ..to go visit the USA, love what I have seen of it. To watch my (new) interest F1 would be fabulous (sorry for hi-jacking, this Brit will go now) ;)

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Outback would be cool, but they don't open till 3pm. Very odd and I learned that the hard way as I was looking for a place to celebrate the Australian GP...

But that area would be great. Hey, there is Hooters. But that's a sure fire way NOT to see the race, they love NFL.

In between Outback and Hooters is a nice restaurant (part of that hotel), that has a nice bar with TV. Maybe an idea?

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The Hooters could be good....No NFL yet. And,they do have plenty of TV's. I'm sure that We could get one of them.

Or,why not at the Indoor GoKart Track? Nice place. Food and Drink. There we could surely garner the Big Screen TV for an F1 Race.

I'll keep checking....

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Pls not the Go Kart place. Too far away.

9. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    We could always go to an Italian Cafe. They love F-1 and they would be very open to give us the big screen especially with a bunch of F-cars in the parking lot. If you guys are up for it I can probably make that happen.
    There are a couple of them on Cumberland right off of the 90. There is also another one on Belmont and Harlem. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Vince

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If we're not straying too far off the Outback/Hooters area, I'm fine with it.

As a European I always shudder at the word "Cafe" because it means no alcoholic drinks and literally only coffee, tea and pop. I assume your "Italian Cafe" would serve some beer and wine?

Otherwise sounds fine. Now I need to find a Catalunyan flag...
    :)

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Cumberland works for me or if you can find a place in Park Ridge, that would be great too. If Andreas whines some more I will pick him up but that deprives us of his F1 looking 308.

RocketBoy

12. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Some of them serve beer & wine but most of them do not. I will look into it and see what our options are.

Vince.

13. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    LOL Andreas you have a Ferrari it'll take you like 2 secs to get there :D

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can't shake my Swiss roots: Anything that requires more than 5 minutes of driving I consider a long haul. That's what happens when you grow up in tiny country.

15. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    As long as we all agree that the Ohare/cumberland area works for everyone.
    If we can't land a place in that area we could always do somebody's house if all else fails.

I'll keep you all posted..

Vince.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    How about some parking lot and a RV with a TV? Real Bears style tailgaiting party.

...just kidding.

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I was thinking of looking for a (Italian,preferably) Restaraunt that would enjoy having us all stop by,and watch the Races there on TV. I Will keep looking,but,what kind of Showing would we have? Who all would really want to do this,and Actually show up? Regularly? I'm thinking 'Free Car Show',which would probably bring in extra Business,in Exchange for a Break on Food or Drinks,whatever....Maybe become "Our 'Regular' Place"....?

I do have a buddy who owns a Restaraunt very Centrally located for everyone,(at the Corner of IL.RT. 83 and North Av. in Elmhurst. Very Easily attainable from anywhere.) They have a really Great Sunday Brunch,$9.95 a person,and he has a Room with a Big Screen TV that we could probably use. But,would need a decent showing of people.

And,another guy who owns an Italian Restaraunt in Glen Ellyn.

I have been thinking of doing this for awhile,and it is great to see others who would also like to. But,before making any commitments,lets just see who/how many would be interested in doing this.

18. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    You don't have to ask me twice........also theres an Italian SteakHouse that just opened right on Lake Street in Addison called Za's Za's right across from Marcus Cinema.

19. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I'm all up for that Frank..

Keep me posted...

Vince.

20. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    By the way my brother just had dinner at Za-Za's and he said the food was pretty good. I know you had thrown that place out as a possible meeting place for us and our F-cars.

Vince

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Do they have a Big Screen TV...?

22. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I think they have a smaller flat screen TV from what I was told. I had asked the same question. It's probably a 42' plasma would be my guess..

23. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    When are you people actually going to meet and where? Looking at my spiffy FCA May pic or the Drive to WI, I see below Monaco and the Euro F1 races left, ( as I assume some will be busy treating Moms this Sunday.) Are we going to meet up the 22nd? Isnt that race pretty much he who lands pole lands a race shortly afterwards?

Im going the Darolls way of saying things and state, this thread is turning into a restaurant review!

RocketBoy

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Did you guys get together?

The way the race was going I would have paid drinks for everybody.

I'm still celebrating...

25. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    And Im going out in the Fcar to see if my tire holds together... you're not upset about JV though?

RocketBoy