euro car vs north american car 329 1989 | FerrariChat

euro car vs north american car 329 1989

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by solid car, Apr 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. solid car

solid car Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Could someone please tell me if there is a difference between these to cars, performance and cosmetics...........

2. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK

328 I think ya meant !

Cosmetically I don't think there is anything much between them. Performance wise I believe the US spec car is down about 10hp from the 270 that the the Euro spec car delivers.

I.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The front bumper protrudes a bit more on the U.S. cars, but the difference is less noticeable (and less objectionable) than on the 308. In back the grille around the tailpipes sticks out a bit more, and of course there are the side marker lights. Cosmetically, that's about it.

4. ItalianSpeed

ItalianSpeed Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Is the Euro car preferred over the USA car? Visa versa? Is one more likely to carry a higher price tag?

5. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Euro cars make at least 1O hp more AND more importantly weigh significantly less. They have bigger trunks and run cooler. They are significanlty quicker. Lower rear grill by mufflers doesn't protrude artificially the way it does on US cars. Also, Euro cars typically have fog light inside the grill area.

6. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Solid Car,

Yup - there are some differences. Everyone above is right on the cosmetic and mechanical differences. Also, Euro's all have interior gauges that are in kilometers and centigrade.

Also, my rear bumper is visually solid, I do not have that elongated hole with the wire mesh in it.... Anyone know what the heck that is for anyway?

It is true that the Euro's are cooler to run than their US counterparts. It takes my cooling fans longer to start working than other 328's...

Not sure if this is standard or not, but my rear window does not have the defroster lines (mine is clear glass) and I have no 3rd brake light which gives me more visability in the rear-view mirror. Mine is a 1985 model - perhaps it was not required back then.... not sure.

7. solid car

solid car Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    so If you have and 85 328 how do you know that a 89 with euro specs runs alot cooler than your car.............And if it does run cooler does it mean the car runs alot better......

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    If you look at the 328's here http://www.zrauto.ca/ you can see that two of them look different than the others....they are the Euro models. I noticed the TR also appears to be a Euro. The front and side markers are a giveaway.

Not sure what country his are coming from, but are rumored to be from the middle east.

Dave

9. ItalianSpeed

ItalianSpeed Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    ZR auto has a kick ass inventory of older F cars. Thanks for the link. Are those prices a little high? Thanks dudes for the education of Euro VS USA cars.