recommendations on driver/passenger radio? | FerrariChat

recommendations on driver/passenger radio?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Schatten, May 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I'm looking for removable in-helmet radios in order to talk between driver & passenger on the track. Got any recommendations without spending an arm and a leg? I've seen a few Nady units out there. (http://www.accessoryinternational.com/intercomnady.htm) Durability is a plus and ease of velcroing or taping into a student's helmet.

2. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Randy,

I wish I could remember the maker but I was given a set to use at a Porsche Club event that had no microphone in the conventional sense, it just had a flat blade that pressed against your jawbone and was trapped by the lower part of the full face helmet. It was in unit with the earpiece. Works off vibration of your jawbone rather than sound. They were EXCELLENT, you could speak in a normal tone of voice and hear very clearly.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Sounds fascinating! I also wonder how well it works if the other person has an open faced helmet. Hmmmm. interesting indeed. But I think for sub-50 bucks the nady might work out. Still keeping opitions open.

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    DemonTweeks in England has a huge array of Rally radios.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

Get one of their FREE catalogs. They don't have anywhere near as many items on their web site as they do in the catalog. You'll take a beating on the Dollar to Pound though. :(