Miami Vice season one. | FerrariChat

Miami Vice season one.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by chaa, May 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Ok i admit to it, bought it today. A 8 cd box costing a heavy £35. Black Daytona spider on the front case with the cool guys. Should have the White TR in as well, though hard to spot when the guys are undercover doing surveillance.

2. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I think the 1st Testa they had was a fake, Crocket couldn't handle no power steering so it was a Corvette mocked up to look like a Testa, I think :D:D

3. RF128706

RF128706 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    OBVIOUSLY -- I'm too young to remember Miami Vice properly ;) but didn't they use replicas for the programmes ? I could be wrong, but seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Yea, i remember seeing one of the black spider replicas at Stoneleigh about 5 years ago.
    Any way i am currently in the middle of fast forwarding the DVDs to try and find the bit where Don Jonson is mooderly driving this black spider in the night around Miami, to the tune of "somthing in the air tonight". Great camera angle shots. Classic.

5. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Chaa you just ressurected the theme toon in my head I used to love that by Jan Hammer if I remember right:D

6. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    From what I remember being just a young whipper snapper back then, they were both the same chassis, just different bodies, but don't know if that was true, as they are rear and front engined cars are they not, and glad to see you stayed Chaa.

But talking of Box sets, the Sopranos all over again in Seasons 1-5 is just the best ever!! In Season 3 at the moment but just love every episode!!

Paul
    CUE 99T

7. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Phil Collins I think!:)

8. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    My 0.02....I thought the Daytona was a replica but the TR was the real deal.

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    The Daytona was a mcburnie (sp) replica, and there were two testarossa's, a real one used for close up work and a replica built on a modified Detomaso Pantera for the action shots

10. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Chaa have you bought a nice cream linnen jacket and started walking around with the sleeves rolled up?

11. Cal

Cal Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Berkshire - England
    Full Name:
    Cal
    I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, 'Ugh, I'm recently returned to
    this office/cubicle/underground lair/air traffic control centre after a relaxing
    bank holiday weekend. If there is anything that makes me less inclined to do any
    useful work than having just had a few days off, then I can't imagine what it
    is. Oh - the misery of toil.'

So, kick off your shoes, put all the planes into a stacking formation and tell
    the pilots to simply bank hard left if they see two of them are on a collision
    course ('No, no - *your* left.'), cast aside your labour, and waste some time
    reading stuff of no possible importance whatsoever.

The cars of Miami Vice:

http://www.miami-vice.org/articles/index.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=193

12. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem

I found a nice peach suit in a Versace outlet in Kissimmee last year. As I was wearing a white vest at the time, I had no choice but to slip it on..... Sadly, no white testarossa to lean against, and my white loafers were safely tucked away in my wardrobe back in London. However, if the suit didn't have a $1,000 tag on the sleeve, I would seriously have bought it, but even comedy can have too high a price sometimes.....

13. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    You are never going to beleve this, but my boss has two Versace suits, one pink and one peach. In fact he is mad on Versace, i dont think there is a bigger fan. From towels to bed spreads in all his homes and villas, he even has a couple of pices that belonged to the great man Versace him self. ****, i hate Versace!! Versace every were for crist sakes...........but i do have a cream and a pastal blue suits my self that i use, but me forarms are to big to roll the sleves up.....any way i have said to much already......

14. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    I know this is getting slightly O/T, but what the hell! I popped into the outlet yesterday just to see if they still had the peach coloured suit, but alas, it was gone (either sold or destroyed). The rest of the stuff in there is awful multi-coloured tat. I can only hope that the peach suit makes a return when I've finished the F-car loan and can afford it...................

PS: If your boss ever tires of the peach suit, I have a white vest and pair of white loafers begging to be reunited with it................ Just a shoulder mounted gun holster to find on e-bay now........!!!!

15. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Erm, western pacific in the uk do good leather sholder rigs, though planet holster in the US do a nice rig that i have been using for the last two years with two mag pouches, across the warter of course.

16. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    You're scary :)

17. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    I was joking, but I'll bear this in mind............... ;-)

PS: Graham, I am also scared.

18. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Oh, sorry dude i just thought you were in the market.....er carry one...as you were...

19. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    In 1989 I once helped move Don Johnsons furniture out of storage in Miami. He did'nt want it, so my friends took it. I ended up with a peach coloured Versace shirt which we called Don and took it in turns to wear to the local clubs.

Turns out everyone in Maimi hated Don Johnson coz he was so arrogant.

20. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem

No worries. I use a crook-lock, anyway! Does the job.

21. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem

22. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Lost the pics around the late 90's and have no idea what I did with the shirt.

I also took the architect plans to his home on Star Island. If ebay was around then, I would have stuck them up there.

:)

23. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    Awsome program I was a sad git as well used to wear clothes like the guy's of the program(no socks)!! I was a young impressionable teenager. The coolest guy in the program was Crocketts Boss can't remember his name something like (real name Olmos) or something. Good music and just soo cool cruising through the night with a broody look on their faces. The car did change gear alot though bad dubing....

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    yes the good old days how you going mate anymore of them 70,s bikes or parts for me over there?????????????????????????

25. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    doing fine not got any interesting bikes just the usual modern run of the mill stuff oldest bike that came in for p/x is a mid 80's fz750. Have been enjoying the new TRIUMPH DAYTONA 650 with a very noisy carbon can co exhaust fantastic bike and its british. Just put a new R1 on demo so will re-aquaint myself with this over next week or so if weather is OK.