The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread | Page 12 | FerrariChat

The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread

Discussion in '612/599' started by geertf60, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt

Lambo will be thrilled if Ferrari launches that ugly thing. Why can't they make the 600 imola more like the F-X or the testrossa. If i'm gonna spend 250k on a car than I'm not gonna buy something that looks worse than a 612! I like the 430 and the Enzo, but the 575 need a major face lift and the 612 has got to go. The 550 was great in it's prime but the design is geting old. Ferrari needs to make the 600 imola as beautyful as the Aston Martin Vanquish is.

2. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Nascars Ferrari after Bristol

3. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    Wow....that is a disaster! The 575 is such a beautiful car, but it's replacement looks almost identical to the 612! That's aweful.

J

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    keep your panties on, dude. nobody here knows whether that is a heavily-camouflaged imola or a lightly-camouflaged imola. (or if they do, they sure ain't sayin'). it might be an uninteresting test mule. it might not. we'll see in due time.

i for one hope it IS heavily-camouflaged, but given the 612 design, i'm betting it's not.

everybody's entitled to their own opinion. if you have FACTS please share. i'm guessing NOBODOY here has facts.

doody.

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    See post #8. ;)

6. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i cant belive we are still fighting about this

7. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    People are still fighting over a car built in '67...we only have 37 years of this left.
    Good thing I've been on the list since '01. I'll see one sooner, no it won't look like a 612 as much as a 456 looked like a 550. Look at old Enzo mules and relax. If you don't have a deposit down, who cares, if you do, it doesn't matter.

8. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I care and I hope these shortened 612's aren't what were getting. I'm dying for a gorgeous 12 cylinder F-Car.

9. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    I have good news for you, you are saved :)
    Maranellos were still on sale last time I checked, and the used car market is blossoming.

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    :D
    Who knew??
    We knew.
    How's your shark?

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    agree with doody that this is close to real thing. will be a 2 seat 612 with some additional 'aggressive' styling cues. regardless of what final product looks like, guarantee u will have to pay more for a 430 spider than you will for this.

12. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If i recall correctly, Ferrari made a press release saying there was no such car as the 600 imola and that the car seen running around was in fact a testing bed for new mechanical stuff etc

13. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Chris I hope your right I'm addicted to my Lambos torque, and I hope the 612's in disguise are not our new 575.

14. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    sfumato, I have deposits on every new F-car since '97. I am just hoping for something more exotic looking then a re-badeged 612. I do have confidence though, and can't wait for a 12 cyl. F-car I'd want to own, as it'll be my first.

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #290 Sfumato, May 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Truly, buy a shark. 550/575, doesn't matter. Great cars, most useable supercar out there, low key. Mine probabaly won't leave when my SA comes, and the "new Maranello" better be damn good to replace it. 612 is not what I expected, but the construction is going to make the new car an amazing runner.
    430 is nice car, I liked my 360 spider, but 12's are like nothing else.
    Mules are mules...look at Maser mules with cut-down QP bodies. I suspect a couple of those are the new car too. Look at rear "door" and window :)
    I have no idea what is going on with the 360 with 430 wheels, but THAT is a mule too.
    http://www.italiaspeed.com/2004/cars/ferrari/08/575_mule.html
    Pics are from europe forum
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    #291 pwongd, May 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The attached picture was taken April 18th. I was visiting the factory and this mule test came out while I was camping out at the back gate. Pong, my brother, made some interesting observation about the back end of the car. He saie that noticably the rear end shows the rear glass hatch of the car to be almost ready and quite short. The fill-up cap is also on the hip not the B-pillar. The front is also shorter now than before. We think that this mule is covering a very close to final version of the 600 Imola inside.

17. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko

That mule looks HUGE to me...

18. TomSilver

TomSilver Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes, the car IS huge, but it is definitly a new mule. First new pic of the Maranello replacement since months!!!

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Absolutely. Now that DOES look like a mule for a new model. Not that huge, also, proportions look right to me: wide, low and front engined.

20. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow! Good work Pwongd. Now there's something we can speculate about...carry on

21. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    mmmmmmmm it looks delicious

22. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Thanks Eric. It was just a lucky shot. I have a few more pics but need to resize them first. If you look closely, you will see that this mule looks like it has another body underneath it. Unlike other mule where there is no other body panels underneath the mule. For ex, the front wheel arch comes out a bit comparing to the door. The rear glass looks to reach down below the mule's rear hatch. Another filler cap is clearly visible on the rear wheel arch. Etc. I also saw at Firano what looked like a challenge version of the F430.

23. blackenzo

blackenzo Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Peter C
    in the words of Paris Hilton-"that's hot"

24. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm liking what I see.

25. thats obviously just a 612 in testing for the imola or 600... just like the 430 engine was put in the CS test mule. This does not resemble the car at all.