So who all in Knoxville, TN Owns a Ferrari? | FerrariChat

So who all in Knoxville, TN Owns a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jon24, Apr 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jon24

jon24 Rookie

Apr 23, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Jon Overton
    Hey guys im new here, I just met up with abarre at best buy and he informed me of a couple of people around town that are owners. Im hoping to own one someday, but until then I'll try to at least meet some people and take a look at some great cars. With any luck get a ride or two ha ha (maybe a test drive if the dreams come true) Oh and by the way I am an automotive detailer so if anyone is looking for great detail work please let me know as well.

Thanks,

Jon Overton

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I don't live there anymore, but still have property there. Both Ferraris are kept in east TN.

If you need a mechanic, drop me a line.

Welcome to Fchat.

Erik

3. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I know a guy that has a 2003 Maser Coupe in Knoxville. He is constantly busy so I don't think he would be up for much. Anyways, obviously not too much Italian there in K-town. A few Panteras here and there but that is about it. Give it a few years and my brother who is a Chiropractor in Maryville might have one. He is a Ferrari fanatic much like myself. What kind of cars do you sell if you don't mind me asking?

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    IRRC, there are about 20 Ferraris in the Knoxville area. They are there, they just don't come out much.

5. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Where in East TN are your cars?

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

My car came from Knoxville...

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    In a warehouse...

8. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Actually my question is more of the location in east tn. I am not interested if they are in a warehouse but since you are kind of rude and smartass I wouldn't want to meet you anyway nor give you the privilage to see my cars. I just thought you might live close to where I live.

9. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The smart ass comment was more of a defense mechanism. I don't want to exactly advertise where the cars are for privacy issues...

Wasn't meaning to be rude.

But to answer your question, the cars are near Knoxville.

10. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I apologize. PM Sent. Thanks.

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    PM received and reply sent.

No worries.

Cheers.

12. brent

brent Rookie

Apr 27, 2005
    B-HAM
    Full Name:
    J.D.
    i have a 355 here in ktown. i have seen a 360, 512lm and some race cars in one garage. have seen a testarossa and two 355's here also. they are just hidden. if anyone wants to get them out for a drive let me know where and i am game! Hi there judge.

13. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Interesting, so did mine! Purchased it from an eye surgeon there.

14. jon24

jon24 Rookie

Apr 23, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Jon Overton
    I would love to see your ride, the 355 is my absolute favorite ferrari. let me know next time anyone gets out for a ride, i would love to take a ride too

later,

Jon

15. Lee-'78_308

Lee-'78_308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Gary Lee Pierce
    Mine's a pretty 308 GTS in South Knoxville, red/tan, great carb sound. I take it out every weekend at least (drove it to work in Sevierville on Monday as the weather was beautiful). Let me know when you're out and I'll meet you out somewhere. Oh, who am I kidding; I'm always ridiculously busy what with the fam and all...PM me...it's worth a shot!

16. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Add one more 308 GTS to the ET area. Should be shipping my latest there shortly...

17. derfgte

derfgte Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    i have a 1962 250 gte in the process
    but its not rolling just yet

18. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    #18 Tennlee, May 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm in the area (Norris Lake) also with a black/black 308GTS. I (or really my wife) organized a tifosi dinner about in August '03 at Knoxville's downtown train station. Attached is a pic. MikeC, that eye doc has some really, really, cool cars...

Lee
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I will be home briefly in July, haven't picked the weekend yet, but we can all get together in west Knoxville if you want...

20. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Sounds like a good idea. We've done two dinners in the past couple of years, let's do a ride/drive or some such. Maybe we could make it a Saturday morning and all meet at "The Cove" in Farragut or somewhere else?

21. brent

brent Rookie

Apr 27, 2005
    B-HAM
    Full Name:
    J.D.
    meet at the cove? tell me what time and count me in. thats not two miles from my house. thats if my car is fixed by then, haha by the way did any of you meet at the cove a couple of weeks to a month ago?

22. Steve Marschman

Steve Marschman Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Idaho Falls
    Full Name:
    Steve Marschman
    I'm in Kingston... 1988.5 Black Testarossa.

My problem is my wife and I have taken up sport bikes. We've been spending a lot of time up at Deal's Gap and on the Cherohala Skyway riding our bikes (we're getting ready to leave now). I ride an '05 Suzuki Hayabusa and she rides an '04 Honda VFR800i Interceptor. The busa is just a bit faster than the TR... hehehehehehe. I may put the TR up for sale as it is just collecting dust in the garage.

Steve

23. jon24

jon24 Rookie

Apr 23, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Jon Overton
    What's that car worth? got any pics?

24. Steve Marschman

Steve Marschman Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Idaho Falls
    Full Name:
    Steve Marschman
    My TR is a driver with ~32K miles. It is black with black interior. It has had all the major servicing done, to the tune of >$20K invested (belts, clutch, brakes, seals, a/c, 512TR water pump, seat belt recall finished). It has a Tubi with no cats. I'd take $45K which is half what I have in it. I have service records and most if not all history. Also have service manuals, etc. While pictures are nice, you should pay me a visit to take a look.

Here is a link to a picture from last falls PCA concour in old town:
    http://www.pca.org/smt/2004_Charity_Concours/images/88%20Ferrari%20Testarosa-S_Marschman_13_JPG.jpg

pm me if interested.
    Steve
    [email protected]

25. brent

brent Rookie

Apr 27, 2005
    B-HAM
    Full Name:
    J.D.
    Where and when was this car gathering "pca concour?" is that the worlds fair park and the Butcher Shop in the background? Are they having another one this year? Does anyone know where i can get some info on it? thanks!