The Exotic Warranty Company | Page 16 | FerrariChat

The Exotic Warranty Company

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by noahlh, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    A wounded dog will howl won't they???

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

WOW, hadn't read that before. I can now say when it is time to upgrade from the 348 I will not consider doing business with Cavallino Motors :(

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Since this is a free-for-all and people are soliciting and doing all other sorts of stuff, i figured now would be the perfect time for a shameless plug:

[Energetic Infomercial voice]"Come check out the all new Ferrari Market Letter! Just click here!!"[/Energetic Infomercial voice]

:)

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    You may wan't to edit your admission that the car had been tracked

5. Capone

Capone Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Midwest

Pffff, Yah right Dave. Why would anyone buy an exotic warranty from you when this other fella has em for sale?

;)

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Since you try to imply that you are suing them you may as well make the evidence available. They will get it in discovery from you no matter what. Of course that is IF you have evidence!

To make a point:
    after now 100 people have chimmed in and blasted one person it looks now that it was unjustified. At least the accusations that it was intentional fraud, criminal fraud etc. Looks more like it is the other way around to me at least with one of the claimants.
    It has gotten mighty quiet since evidence from EWC has been posted. Why is that?

7. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but.......

I'm confident that I am not the only one still waiting for a satisfied policy holder who has been paid on a claim to step up and express their satisfaction.

8. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I also participated in Ferrari North American sponsored track events which by no means admitting that warranty will be void.

9. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt

Are you even reading this thread?

10. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt

Kinda sad huh. And he is a board sponser.

11. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    The posts I have made which include document they have produced in their own letterhead clearly indicates they denied my warranty in bad faith without substantiating the cause other than exhaust manifolds is part of the exhaust system and therefore it is denied.

12. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt

You are wasting your breath on him.

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    In regards to 412s post about Ferrari denying coverage for manifolds..It has happend twice to 2 of my customers. They are currently in court with FNA regarding this issue for thier 355's. By all accounts Slone's comments in his post seem to me, to be a way out of paying. I guess he figures because Ferrari is not paying..why should he.

I have pulled my hair out battling with warrenty companies many times. Everytime a claim is filed, they ALWAYS try to come up with a reason not to pay. It is up to the owner or the shop to prove the claim. Even then, they may send down a COMPANY paid inspector to make the call, whom may or may not be a real technician. There are so many different ways claims can be twisted around in a warrenty companies favor. They gear their contracts in such a way that in the end, they really will not have to pay a whole lot out of pocket. They are always looking for the CAUSE of the problem ( a very good thing) but in hopes that the cause is something that is not covered.

Some warrenty companies require the owner to do oil changes every 5k miles. This oil change must be reported to the warrenty company. If the owner goes over his milage for the oil change just once..warrenty denied..no refund..this is another way out for the comapnies. Even if the manufacturer of the car says to change the oil every 15k miles..they still must change it at 5, or every 4 months.

These companies are in the business to make money, not give it out. You must ask all questions, and have each and every item on the contract explained to you in full, and if possiable written out in long form with a company rep's signature on it. This is the only way you will be able to protect yourself from things like this.

An example of a warrenty claim that I was fighting mad over. A good customer bought a 96 Vette from us. He drove the car for a few months, then the engine started to knock. Before any work was done on the car, I called the warrenty comapny. They gave me the go ahead to drop the oil pan to see whats up. I did so, and also pulled a front main cap. Found a spun bearing. I phone the warrenty company and told them what I had found. He said they would call me back. An hour goes by and I get the call. Coverage denyed. Why I ask.."over tightened accessory belt put too much strain on the front main of the crank, causing the bearing to spin." I just about fell over my chair laughing, "are you serious?" I said. Where the hell did you come up with that one? "Well" the warrenty guy said.."We spoke to the head mechanic at a GM dealer and he said this was the most likly reason so its not covered". I asked if I could talk to the guy they did and he siad no. So I asked him.."How could the belt be over tightened, when the belt tention is automaticly controled by a spring loaded belt tentioner, and the fact that the belt is a serpentine belt which drives all the accessories, and there is no way to manuel tighten the belts?" "Ahhhhhh..let me call you back" he says. 2 hours go by, I get a call..."under further review we have decided to cover the engine work..you have the ok to remove the enigne and start tearing it down".

14. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    You have attacked EWC for days and led a witch hunt with your deceit and now the the truth comes out and you run for cover behind that statement.
    Be aware that when files an action you open yourself up a counter action. Your statements here will be used against you in any action you bring.

You should be greatly concerned.

Paul Sloan

15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    You are not the only one. At this point in this game I am satisfied that none exist or we would have heard from them by now.

16. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Martin does not count

17. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    We just found out in his posting that he was denied a claim by Ferrari.....so make another guess.
    Seems your 1st GUESS is Wrong!

Paul

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The fact that ECW can't produce one person, who has been paid on a claim and is satisfied, speaks volumes. In any previous situation here on F-chat where some company has come into question there are usually are a few that will speak up in defense.

People aren't stupid; they will make up their minds based on how this company has represented itself here. I'd be curious if anyone would even plan to use ECW after this?

19. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thats why one buys an extended warrenty so whats your point ?
    Paul,
    We'll all STFU if Ben or You can make even one of your customers ( out of i guess thousands ) to come over here on this site and say yes my claim was paid,now how hard could that be ?

20. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I am fully aware of my actions and I will stand by them. I said nothing that is not true nor I presented evidence that I cannot substantiate. Don't take comfort in the likes of BBB's inability to properly investigate this and close the case.

I said to you before you seem to be spinning the issue of Exotic Warranty Company denying coverage without cause in other ways that does not do service to you nor the company you are evangelizing.

21. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I would suggest they start with a new marketing department ASAP. What they have now isn't helping at all.

I would settle for just one neutral customer at this point.

Really,there has to be SOMEONE out there who is happy with them.

22. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    The company was attacked by 4i2fly and we have shown that he was deceitful and now he has gone into hiding.

The company was attacked by the administrator of FC and he too has become so very quiet.

I believe that people aren't stupid and will realize that certain indiviuals who were leading the hunt were misleading them.

To those that still believe the BS there is not much else we can do.

Paul Sloan

Tommy,
    The bad guy fell you should be so happy.

23. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    The matter seems to be closed or should I say the truth has been disclosed.

Good Night.

Paul

24. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
  25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Speaking of silence, where is Ben?