360 Accident in Brazil | FerrariChat

360 Accident in Brazil

Discussion in '360/430' started by pdtrixceo, May 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pdtrixceo

pdtrixceo Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Little Havana
    Full Name:
    Roger
    #1 pdtrixceo, May 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    AHHH JEEZ! He got hit from two sides?! That's a bummer....

3. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Repost. (look for South American forum)

Wife took the car without permission...

4. msouza

msouza Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Milton Souza
    This accident did not happen in Brazil, first the word "sapattos" printed on the building behind the accident is written in spanish, not in portuguese. This word, meaning "shoes" in portuguese is written "sapatos". Second, the license plates on the vehicles are not from Brazil, Brazilian plates are not white, only governament vehicles have white plates. Third, the police vehicle in the background, is not from Brazil, their color are white, black and red, not grey and yellow.

This pictures is probably a photoshop product, from someone without knowledge of facts.

Just for general information, I lived in Brazil for 26 years, and I am very familiar with their costumes.

Milton

5. pdtrixceo

pdtrixceo Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Little Havana
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Sorry if it was a repost. The word for shoes in spanish is zapatos, not sapattos, so I doubt that this happened in a spanish country. I don't know about the other points you make.
    Roger.

6. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
  7. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    oops, my bad, I just noticed this was posted in 2004.

8. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Dont worry about it, this kind of thing happens all the time.

9. Just_some_dude

Just_some_dude Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    This accident did happen in Brazil, I live here now so I am positive.

First of all the license plate on all cars has the name of the city and state where the car is registered, you can see above the plate number on the Ferrari that it says PR-CASCAVEL which is a city a couple of hudred miles from me in a state called Paraná, hence the PR on the plate.

The car that hit the Ferrari I recognize as a first generation Ford Corcel from the late 60's early 70's, it is the equivalent to a Ford Pinto but has a trunk instead of a hatchback, very common car here years ago, now owned by the less fortunate that have just enough money to have a car.

Also, passenger car and motorcycle license plates down here ARE reflective white with black letters/numbers, only taxis, semi-trucks, and commercial vehicles have different plates that are red background with white letters.

The police vehicle is a Brazillian Polícia Militar (Military Police) Renault Senic minivan, all military police vehicles are painted yellow with grey, I see them every day, civil police departments use black and white vehicles.

About the word "sapattos", someone probably just used an alternate spelling because it is a store name, or could be the store owners name, could also be a misprint, I have seen that on signs before.

I have seen many Ferraris down here, mostly F355's or 360 Modenas, which are about US$420,000 down here, the car that hit the ferrari is worth probably US$500 on a good day.

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy

Dont know where you lived in Brasil! I too lived there and as a matter of fact I lived in the same state (Parana) where this accident happened. Note the writing on the top of the license plate "PR-Cascavel" PR = State of Parana and "Cascavel" is the city.

As for Photoshop... ummm NOPE Dont think so.

As for woman driving a Ferrari...that was a BAD Call! But then again anyone owning or driving a Ferrari in Brasil may as well paint a bullseye on themselves and all their family members!!!

My .02

Falou Cara!

Ooh and here is a link to the orignal thread. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50776

11. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Does it seem like it was raining, or am I seeing things?

12. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    I heard years ago about a very wealthy guy who lived in Brazil who drove a beaten up BMW 3 Series as he feared what might happen to him if he had a nice car.

Do poeple get shot/kidnapped rgularly if they have money in Brazil?

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The license plate on the modena DEFINETLY IS BRAZILIAN .

14. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah, you can tell it's been waxed.

15. Air_Cooled_Nut

Air_Cooled_Nut Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Toby Erkson
    heeheehee

16. Just_some_dude

Just_some_dude Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    It can happen if you are a semi-hight-profile person driving a Mercedes, BMW, etc...but this is most common in Rio and São Paulo, where there are a lot of wealthy or foriegn people that are not discret with their money handling habits. There is more danger down here than in the US but it depends where you are and how conspicuous your consumption. Many people in this situation have bullet-proof cars to reduce the risk. I live half a block from the ex-govenor of the state, he drives a bullet-proof Chevrolet Omega a.k.a. Opel Omega, a.k.a 4 door Pontiac GTO. There are many bullet-proof Volkswagen Golfs and Audi A3's on the market for people who want to be low profile.

Shootings are rare, people don't want to go to jail down here so they don't act violently during a car-jacking or robbery unless you attack or aggrivate them in some way, if you are passive you will be ok.

17. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

XXX

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Shooting is rare in ur region , but def not in SP or RJ . They dont fear the police at all.

19. glh

glh Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2005
    Burlington VT
    Full Name:
    G.L.
    I don't think it will rub right out...

Ouch.

20. glh

glh Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2005
    Burlington VT
    Full Name:
    G.L.
    That makes me feel warm and fuzzy if I had to travel over there...

21. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    brings a tear to my eyes

22. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and polished ?

23. widdlewade

widdlewade Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2004
    Bay Area/NYC
    Why would anyone bother to photoshop this?