Alonso calling Ferrari cheaters! | FerrariChat

Alonso calling Ferrari cheaters!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by sindo308qv, May 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Can you believe the cojones on Alonso calling Ferrari cheaters? He also called BAR the same. I could see BAR but Ferrari because we do so much testing? I can't wait for Michael to beat him in front of his home croud this Sunday. Check out the article at www.f1live.com

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes it is upsetting to see him degrade himself like this ... should study MS a bit and learn how to keep quiet.

I do hope ths does not get too out of hand as we have a good season of racing to focus on ... but I guess it does in some way show that F1 is interesting again.

Pete

3. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    I agree.....he's only going to make it harder on himself. Schuey will drop the hammer even more now but so will Rubens.

4. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    *cough* launch control *cough*

A Renault driver ain't one to be yelling across the paddock...

5. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Pot calling kettle black, maybe Alonso outta look at what Renault has given him during starts.

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Its not Alfonso talking, its the puppet master Flazio. Hes too young, and silly to come up with this. hes being couched by the old fart most likely.

7. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    I can just picture RB and MS driving by him and flipping him off just for fun. :D

8. FIAutoSports

FIAutoSports Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD, US
    Full Name:
    John Ritenour
    Alonso is young and brash. While a great driver, I believe the Renault boss is pushing some info his way. IMHO, drivers should be intelligent enough to not make statements like that, as most likely, Alonso will either be pushed by MS into a mistake, or passed outright.

I had more alot more respect for him before he opened his mouth and trashed both Ferrari and BAR(doesn't it always seem like that?)

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Either way you look at it - the gauntlet has been thrown down! I have a feeling we're going to witness some interesting controversy this year - both on and off the track!

10. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I think he showed in Imola that if he doesn't want to be passed he won't be passed, even in a not too healthy car. I think the whole issue of testing limits is stupid. There is no way the other teams are going to keep to the limits - including Renault.

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Amen to that.

12. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    best strategy w/ F is to try to destablize them first, because they will try to do it to you...

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True. I still wish he hadn't said this nonsense. It is also very unefficient since it won't rattle Michael's attitude one bit.

14. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Its all just psychological games and crap. MS has done plenty of the same sort of nonsense in his career. Senna used to do this sort of stuff all the time, he made it an art form.

Sucks that concepts such as good sportsmanship are simply not a part of F1 at all any more.

Terry

15. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Sounds like his attemp at mind games. Well then, step into the arena sonny, MS is the master.

By the way, there needs to be a rule first before you can be accused of cheating. The "agreement" in not a rule, nor is it an agreement for that matter.

16. FIAutoSports

FIAutoSports Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD, US
    Full Name:
    John Ritenour
    Imola did show that Alonso has great poise under stress, but everyone makes mistakes during the race, and if Ferrari can be in the front of the grid, they can capitalize on that mistake.

Either way, the Spanish GP will be a better race, I think, than the Imola GP. If the car's hold together that is.