The Exotic Warranty Company | Page 18 | FerrariChat

The Exotic Warranty Company

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by noahlh, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Hill engineering

Ferrari of UK

Ferrariparts exchange

Cavallino models

intercity,

norwoods,

Just some the one I know that have been posted since Jan

2. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I may have missed this, but did the refund check arrive??

I came out $4000 ahead on an extended warranty I bought for an Audi a4...

I came out $800 short on one for a BMW 328. Just bought a new (to me) 330i and did not hesitate to get another extended warranty.

FWIW, I don't have any warranty on the Ferrari 328 but that car has actually been the most reliable of all our vehicles!

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    From ECW or someone else?

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    You can't say with a straight face that you believed ECW sold him those 2 warrantees? :)

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Hey if you asked me to bet I'd say no, but if they did it would be important to know and who there among us hasn't lost a bet or two?

6. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I couldn't find where the refund check arrived either. I saw where it was supposed to have been sent.

Did the check arrive and was it successfully cashed?

Why not start a thread for ONLY those who have had a good experience with after market warranties? We might be surprised either way.

<Rob EDIT - Dr C, the check did arrive and I'm sure cashed.>

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, the "don't post unless you are involved or I will ban you" didn't work out very well. It was the first time and now we know! :)

I agree with others that everything has been discussed about as much as it can right now. I am going to close the thread down until there is new information (facts) from either EWC or customers. Please PM me if that is the case and I will allow you to post. Anyone that opens a new thread on this topic will be banned.

In closing I would like to address Paul one last time.

There is nothing for me to say that I haven't said 10 times and users haven't backed me up 100 times.

1) I never said there was proof EWC did anything illegal.

2) I never commented on the individual claims and legal issues of a handful of users that were your customers.

3) I can't say any better now than I said 2 days ago...

"evidence" is the key word and at that time it was true. It is still true in relation to FerrariChat.com users, but I accept and believe Paul when he says over $100,000 in claims have been paid. However, that statement was made after my statement and Paul has continued to attack me on this single point and misquoting me that I said "fraudulent". I have never said EWC was "fraudulent" and actually often have said in this thread quite the opposite…

I remain very balanced in this thread to make sure both sides have the freedom to publish FACTS. I'm closing the thread to eliminate only the peanut gallery. I'm sorry Paul and Martin continue to focus on their misinterpretation of my intent and hope that when the FACTS do come forth, that EWC is proven a company FerrariChat'ers should use and recommend.