Any Aston Martin owners on F-chat? | FerrariChat

Any Aston Martin owners on F-chat?

Discussion in 'British' started by Husker, May 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I have always been interested in Astons. Does anyone on F-chat own one? If so, can you give some info. on your car. I am interested in how they drive, feel, and reliability. Also, where do you get parts for them?

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    #2 chaa, May 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Before I was going to be married I was thinking about one. However, based on the new plans and the fact that Im around 6 foot 4, I passed. I was invited to try out the new DB9 and to my shock, it feels too cramped. My 575 has sport seats and with the wide body strange enough, it is the most comfortable GT/sports car I have ever sat in. The Aston looks so sharp and drives well, but me being a GT guy, I am not too comfortable in it.

As for parts, here in Chicagoland we have an excellent dealer called Lake Forest Sportscars, www.lfsc.com, that is very well known and liked.

RocketBoy

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i have a 2000 db7 vantage and it is a great car. i have had it now for almost three years with very limited problems. my used it as a daily driver for quite some time. mine has the touchtronic transmission which is very easy to operate. as for the ride, the car is quick and comfortable to drive in. i was not expecting the car to be as reliable as it has been.

5. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    #5 racerx, May 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great Pics chaa. Astons are awesome looking. I would have thought that ford had solved the electric situation at AM.

Tough to beat this;
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Is that Vanquish Zagato yours?

7. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    WHOA!!! Vanquish Volante ... pleeeease more pics!!!

8. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    this is the vanquish? beautiful car except the conv top doesnt fully disappear behind the car...this means an unsightly toneau cover thats also a pain to put on..ruins the lines of the car ..

9. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I didn't know they made a Vanquish Volante, is that a conversion or a factory one-off? Or did I miss something and they actually do make it?

10. resident

resident Rookie

Mar 16, 2005
    The factory doesn't make a Vanquish Volante.

11. sampson

sampson Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    near Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Is that Vanquish a limited run, like the DB AR1 Zagato, of which they only made 99? That car is gorgeous, but you'd think a car like that would have a fully concealed top.

12. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    sorry, can't tell you anymore about this one. I found the pic some time ago and even though i don't like convertibles at all this one is awesome looking. I actually think it looks better without a smooth a$$.

13. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    No, that is not a factory made vanquish. It is a conversion which was done by Zagato. I'm pretty sure it was a one off prototype car, though Zagato might possibly do private conversions. I know that Aston Martin has said that they will NOT produce a Vanquish roadster. Hope this helps.

14. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Damn you are a big MF Chaa.

What the hell do you eat anyway?

Nick

15. neilmac

neilmac Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Oakville, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Neil
    May I recommend you visit www.amoc-na.org. It's the website for the AM owners' club in North America. The Forum, although not as extensive as FChat, is for owners and enthusiasts around the world.

You'll most likely find anything you want there about the joys of AM ownership. From most accounts, it's a thrilling experience.

Cheers,

Neil

16. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Ah yes, the AMOC...

The club that literally does nothing. Save your $200.00 annual membership
    fee for something more constructive than feeding the current regeim's ego.

BHW

17. neilmac

neilmac Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Oakville, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Neil

Fair enough....but you don't have to pony up the two bills to access the website or the forum, and in the process learn about AM ownership.

Neil

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    chaa = the man