Three more things then we'll be perfect | FerrariChat

Three more things then we'll be perfect

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hedge, May 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #1 hedge, May 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok, so thanks to you guys and some up and coming elbow grease, we'll be swirl free and have rubbers like dogs noses (apparently).

We're also very noisy, have nice metal pedals and a Mrs who simply doesn't understand a £62 pot of wax (I likened it to her £25 pot of moisturizer. When she pointed out that I 'borrow' hers pretty much on a daily basis I offered her unlimited use of the wax. This didn't seem to excite her terribly).

Anyhoo, there are three other minor things which bug me and I wondered if anyone had some more good advice:

1. The popper on the drivers side at the top of the hood cover is buggered (328 GTS) so when the roof is stored behind the seats, the cover on one side flaps around.

2. The zipper round the boot lid behind the engine compartment is not great - takes a number of back and forth attempts to get it closed properly.

3. The black edging round the inside of the windscreen is deteriorating. See pic below - any ideas? Is it aesthetic or does it do a sealing/noise reduction job of any sort?

Thanks people,

Hedge.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Marc

The poppers on the cover are replaceable, KHPC sorted mine

last time I was at QV in Ascot they had a brand new boot cover with zip etc in stock, IIRC it's just glued on under the weather seal so easy to replace

I don't beleive the black on the screen does anything other than to give the fitters a degree of adjustment. Can you get to the area easily with a brush? I suspct and black paint would make it look better

btw you owe me a day :) having read your other thread I took the plunge with some Meguiars and I've only just finished doing my car :D

3. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    When she sees & smells the HD Cleanse & Zymol Ital Wax she may well change her mind (!)

I.

4. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks. How did it turn out?

5. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Marc

it looks fantastic!, I've always used Autoglym in the past which looks good but this is a whole different world!, I'll post some pics a bit later, I used their Gold wash, cleaner and Gold polish plus wheel finish etc :)