Spring 05 Spotted | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Spring 05 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saw a red 550/575 Thurday night around 7:30 near the intersection of Golf and Roselle...Rocketboy?

2. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    red 348 berlinetta parked near northwest highway near Zia's.

-Mike

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Probably Thor's, he's at Zia's a lot.

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Naw, wasn't me as the storm clouds scared me off but I was in that area with the H2 which has often been mistaken for an Enzo...

I was shocked to see a red F430 on the same intersection F355 mentioned today, Saturday, at around 1:30 pm. Awesome plate reading "Pronto." Once again Im in the H2 so didn't bother to yell, " Hey, check out Fchat!" Oh well.

RocketBoy

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Reminds me of my military times: We used to say that in the Army when answering our internal phone system. I guess if you don't have that association, it is actually cool.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I was cruising Southbound along York Rd. in Oakbrook/Hinsdale,around 3:30PM-ish. As I was coming up to Ogden Av.,I saw a Red 246GT ahead,in the Left turn lane to go East on Ogden. After making the turn,I caught up with him. I was in the left lane,he the right. We were side by side as we passed Continental. Then,he got behind me. One of the few times that I actually HAD a Camera with me.... I turned into Bemis Woods,hoping that he'd follow me in so that I could check that baby out. Get some Pix. And tell him about FChat,and F.O.C. But,unfortunately,he did not follow....:( Oh well....maybe next time....

7. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Spotted red 308 in Deerfield getting onto the highway, whatever its called there by True Value and where the porsche and Audi dealers are. Also spotted a badass 550 barchetta-never thought I'd see one of those on the road. Awesome, just awesome. That was in Glencoe.

8. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Yellow 360 coupe yesterday on Willow Road in Northfield.

9. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Red 308 in the parking lot of a strip mall on Cumberland, between Lawrence and Foster, about 7:30 tonight (Sunday). I couldn't make out the license plate. One of you guys visiting Dave?

10. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Weekend spottings of note (all on Sunday):

Red 360 Spider near Chestnut & Rush parked across from a place where I took my grandmother for brunch today.

Red 348 Spider on Michigan Ave, revving the hell out of his engine :)

Storm Titanium Elise on Lagrange in Orland Park.

Black 355 Spider on 171st St & Oak Park Ave. in Tinley Park (if it's someone here... I waved at you from my bright green Elise).

Lots of squids out on sports bikes today... I'll never understand how you could be stupid enough to ride around in shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt... without a helmet. I saw at least 10 people on Hayabusas who looked like they had riding skills more suited to a pedal bike. Pathetic.

11. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Yellow f1 targa in HP.

Red F430, first one I;ve seen on the road. i thought it was a 360 when I first saw it from a distance, but as i got closer I realized it was a 430. Looks very similar from the front at a distance. Awesome car, awesome sound. My friend says he has seen it in Winnetka, I saw it in Glencoe. I am wondering if its the same guy who has a black/red maranello, porsche turbo, db9 and a cls.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I call them organ donors. In Europe bikers wear helmets and kevlar reenforced suits. For a reason.

13. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yea... as do I and all of my friends.

I cringe every time some guy approaches me to tell me he's going to buy a 1000cc+ sports bike for his first motorcycle after hearing that I ride. It's to the point now, however, that I don't even bother telling them what's wrong with that... because they never listen anyway.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Switzerland requires two years on a motorcycle not bigger than 125 cc for first time riders. After two years you can apply with a machine of 250 cc and bigger. Makes a lot of sense to me. I had a 125 Honda, a 250 Suzuki and a 350 Condor (Swiss Army motorcyle) so far. If anything I'd get a 600 cc, that sounds about like the right power/weight ratio. 1000 cc is just nuts unless we're talking touring on a goldwing.

15. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    In the biz, we call 'em "donorcycles"

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No doubt! I can attest,first hand! It's only by slim chance,great luck,or by the Grace of God that I am here to tell about it.....:)

17. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Yellow 308 GTB zipping onto the onramp of 53? in Long Grove in rush hour today. Very sharp classic looking car.

RocketBoy

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hmmmmm.....Wonder if it was our Friends from last years Hooters Concours?
    Last Summer,my Son and I went to the Italian Rest. on Milwaukee Av. for the Car Show. On our way home,we took RT.53 and saw a Yellow 308GTB going Northbound into that same exact area that you just described. Probably the same Car.

19. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Friday-5-13-05(6:15am)ylw 308gtb(with dark tinted windows!!!) spotted on 75th street getting on to I-355 North-I had to look twice and sure enough YLW 308 GTB-nice way to start off an EARLY morning!!!

20. marcof1

marcof1 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Chicagland
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Saw a red 360 spider n/b on Milwaukee/Dempster in Niles at about 0450 pm Friday. The bad thing is that is was drizzling.

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Saturday afternoon, a red Carrera GT going southbound on rt 41 in Lake Forest.

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Saw our Friend Mike from FVM in a Bright,Pearl Yellow Murcialago today around 6:00PM in Oakbrook. I know that being an Auto Salesman isn't always the easiest job. But,when you get to drive home cars like that.....:)

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #123 FerrariFrank1, May 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    O.K.,here's the Picture....This is on Ogden Av. eastbound,just East of I-294 last Saturday,May 7th. A really nice 246GT. Anyone we know? Note the very small,probably European License Plate way down on the Bottom in the Front Center.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Red Enzo heading west on Algonquin at the corner of Algonquin and Roselle Rd. Around 4pm-ish

25. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    spotted a red P-Car GT3. And Red Elise. That Enzo must me Jim H's. Saw it in Itasca last summer, never on the road though. :-(