Price of CS/challenge-style F430 wheels? | FerrariChat

Price of CS/challenge-style F430 wheels?

Discussion in '360/430' started by rscholl, May 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Just curious if anyone knows what these wheels cost if bought through Ferrari. I know that Ferrari won't sell them to you unless you have the car, but my local dealer wouldn't even give me the price. He just said I can't order them. But I have a friend with a CS..hmmmm....

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

3. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    THE BBS 18" rims are easy to locate. The 19" CS ones are slightly different to look at and much more. They are the ones restricted by Ferrari and you need to have your friend's chassis number, driving licence, letter of request,.... etc.

I managed to get a pair and think they are fantastic, especially as I now have CS suspension fitted.

4. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Could you elaborate on that? What parts do you have? How much of a difference is there? Comments and reactions, please, thanks.

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Well I replaced a right front for my CS and the list price from FNA was 1,700 USD for the single front. I know the rears are "more", so I'd guess you'd be looking at 1,700 x2 + 2,000 x2 or $7,400 for the set.

6. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I got the whole list of different parts numbers and then changed all mechanical parts. This means the springs all around to the Titanium springs, the rear roll bar and rear shocks. I didn't change ECU as CS one has inputs for launch control - above and beyond that, the change from normal/race is the same output as a Modena's normal/sport change. I did get the car height, camber, toe in, etc. all to CS settings.

Differences noted in first month of ownership:
    On motorways: slight extra firmness which can put extra ache into your back on long journeys (I have had Sparco Evo's retro-fitted which are probably more to blame!).
    Country lanes: more directional and positive. Incredible confidence when 'swinging out' to overtake ordinary (how arrogant is that!) cars. I also had the dealership who fitted it test drive the car before me - their response was that my car was "one of the very few of our customer cars that can clear our favourite bend at over the 130mph!"
    On track: Much improved performance. I am a novice but at the latest track weekend I was more interested in my times in relation to the CS's there than the modena's. A definite increase in cornering speed and I came out of these right up the chuff of some modenas with an easy ability to plant my gas pedal sooner. Even got past a few 430's!

Would I recommend it - absolutely. But please remember I am no expert. I get improved braking, cornering and grip - and significant amounts of this is from a great suspension set up, to quantify what percentage comes from the softer rubber, stiffer springs, ride height or suspension settings is beyond me.

7. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    In the UK I know of a spare set going for £4k - depending on ex. rates/VAT/import duties, etc. I don't know if this is cheaper.

8. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Why won't Ferrari sell them, it would seem like there is a lot of profit in each wheel? They sell the 575 wheels to anyone.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

They're exercising their right to be "control freaks." ;)