Upholstery shops | FerrariChat

Upholstery shops

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jeffdavison, Sep 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    I know of three upholstery shops in the area....

Complete Interiors - recommended by FOA,
    Mad Stitcher - recommended by Frank Parker
    A%D - recommended by Flashback

but would like to see if there are any recomendations for these or others.

I want to re-cover the dash, some of the door pieces, and rear interior panels in my 355. I have the pieces out and am supplying the material (black Alcantara) myself.

Looking to see if anyone else out there is worth checking out.

Thanks

Jeff Davison

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Jeff, you cannot beat the Mad Stitchers work, but he is a little more expensive than the others. We have used A&D with good luck, and his prices are a little more reasonable.

3. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    How about posting some contact info for each of these?

Terry

4. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Terry,

Here's the contact info that I have:

Mad Stitcher
    4945 Peachtre Rd
    (770)455-9050
    John Dutton

Complete Interiors
    1080 Vijay Dr.
    Chamblee
    (770)451-3914
    Gary

A&D Upholstery
    371 Pike Blvd
    Lawrenceville
    (678)644-8810 ?
    (770)682-7004 ?
    not sure which one is a good number
    Dan

JD

5. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks!

I have just gotten the new seat covers, door panels and hide from re-originals to do my Daytona seats, doors and center console. Im looking for someone who can do a really good job.

The guys at the Mad Stitchers seem to be swamped. Im trying to have the car together for the Oct. 2 Italian Car Day show so I need someone who can do it right, but on a tight schedule.

Going to call the others....

Terry

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Don't call, but stop by and talk to John Dutton at Mad Stichers and tell him I referred you. He has done a lot of work on three Ferraris for me in the past as well as a MB 380SL and a Datsun 240Z. He does excellant work and will do it quickly if you stop by and be social first. He loves cars and loves to talk even more. I wouldn't trust my Ferrari leather work to anyone else!

7. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    The girl at Mad Stitcher said John would be out of town for at least a week and they were booked up for the next 4-6 weeks. He was not available to speak with... and its an hour drive both ways to just "drop in and chat". Doesnt look like they will work.

I also spoke with Gary at Complete Interiors. To install the seat kits and door panels... he quoted me $3500.00. Mind you, that does not include the kits... thats just to install them. Thats STEEP considering that the kits are done to a very high quality and the seats themselves were recently restored. This is just an install job...

Dan at A & D is swamped.. but is a great guy to talk with on the phone and seems eager to try and work with me regarding scheduling. I am hoping he can work my stuff in over the next couple of weeks. Ill post pics of the finished stuff.

The leather and quality of workmanship on the new interior parts I got from re-originals is simply the best I have ever seen. Amazing stuff.

Terry

8. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

$3,500 is way past steep and well into crazy

9. upholsterypros

May 9, 2005
    Saw a few messages that were looking for an upholstery shop that specializes in Ferrari's... We have been doing interiors for Ferrari of Atlanta for a number of years... We are an exclusive source for all their interiors (Dash, seats, carpet, etc.) We are located in Atlanta, Georgia...
    http://www.UpholsteryPros.com
    if you need any work done please call us and feel free to check out our reference at Ferrari of Atlanta (Svc. Mgr name is Chris)... Hope this helps if your search for this type of work.
    Jim

10. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    John Dutton did work for me too on my 308---was planning on taking him my boot cover to reproduce soon

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I need the zippers replaced on the rear luggage area cover on my 328. Any idea which of these outfits would be the best bet for me?