348 Tailight Offer...Who would be interested | FerrariChat

348 Tailight Offer...Who would be interested

Discussion in '348/355' started by PassionIsFerrari, May 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    #1 PassionIsFerrari, May 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I spoke with Veilside today and the president of Veilside USA is looking in to manufacturing a small run of these 355 rear bumpers for the 348s...The part is made of carbon fiber and and the tailight bracket is carbon fiber as well. The initial claim is that the tailight bracket uses existing bolt holes with no modification ( I asked for clarification on that). Price for the rear carbon fiber piece is 1450 and the price for the carbon fiber tailight bracket is $550. So 2K...plus your still looking at the cost of the actual 355 lights. The price of course is dependent upon how many of us are interested in the actual piece. How many people would
    1. Definitely buy it (at that price)
    2. Think about it
    3. Not be interested

Another question, since we love to support our Ferrarichat sponsers, would Rylax or Valence, USA be interested in manufacturing this piece.
    Here is a picture of the piece...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I would actually like a grill like this for the 355. Will it work for the 355 Spider?

3. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    I would guess that it would different since the 355 has the raised fin. I think it looks great though, I like it better then the stock 355 rear. I think the vents in the back would help with the cooling, and i think the vents (as far as the 348 is concerned) are aesthetically pleasing because it encompasses some of the straight lines that the 348 already has, namely the door side vents. Ask some of the guys in the 355 section and see what kind of response you get and I will ask about the 355. I would guess if enough 355 owners were interested, Im sure they would make a mold for it. The magic number is probably going to be between 10-20, just like us 348 guys.

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #4 Husker, May 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    Yeah, the guy in the hut makes a piece of art as shown on the pics of the yellow 348 in the other thread.
    Perhaps we should go there with a bag of plastic jewels and small hand-mirrors.

I just read that the Veilside thingy isn't available anymore neither. What to do now?

6. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    LOL. That hut cracks me up. To think the best actual picture we have of a 355 conversion came from a guy that nobody can get in touch with. I do like the Veilside better, but if that guy could do that job for around a 1K, i would go with that myself...but it looks like that option has been officially ruled out by one of his former clients.

The Veilside isnt available anymore, but we can MAKE IT AVAILABLE...If enough people are interested...I'm in, husker is out (still waiting for his hut man)...what say yea rest of thee

7. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Why does everyone insist on carbon fiber....yeah, it's lighter, but you could make that thing out of glass for a WHOLE lot less money and it would only be 2-pounds heavier...it's no like you guys are tracking you cars every day an looking for weight savings so you can put more ballest in the car!

Also, why 355 tail lights. Their are a dozen round tail lights out there that would look just as good and again, cost about 1/10th the 355 lights. If you're doing this, you're obviously not worried about originallity so does it really matter who makes the lights?

HUSKER - How does that guy fit the autoclave into his hut to bake the CF ??

8. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    to tell you the truth...I really wouldnt care what it is made out of. It seems like these aftermarket guys though only make this stuff in carbon fiber. As for the 355 taillights...is there a taillight out there that is identical?

9. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Even though I would never change my 348, I will say that that particular rear grill design is VERY cool. :)

10. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Count me in. I've contacted Veilside without success before. How much more for the lights? US$500? I saw similar 355 lights from a KIA lorry that uses LEDs! Wonder if the rear bumper fits over our tailpipes....

11. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    The price for the lights in the UK is GBP80+ each, i.e., over one thousand Singapore dollars (for 4) plus shipping. I am still looking into the LEDs and making the lenses in China.

12. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I guess I'm asking for a lot here, but can you get any pics of the Veilslide rear with the a non doctered 348 (ie the original side strakes) - its all very well posting some good looking pics, but I'm keen to see both the rear and the side in one shot - that way you'll see if it really works.

I also agree about the lights. Are the 355 lights the best mix? Still - best job I've seen so far

13. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    i think that is way too high. ive constructed fiberglass parts many o' times for far less than that, just because its for fcars doesnt mean it should be so pricey. ive just been too busy to tool up a plug. if someone has a part for a plug , let me know , it would make life alot easier and i could get these done...
    ps no reason for carbon fiber , unless you wantto see the cf fibers .

14. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Any idea what kind of cost we are talking here?
    Also, does anyone have a photo of a real car out in the world with this piece on it?

15. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've got the best connection in the states to Veilside. My distributor moves more products then anyone in the U.S. for Veilside. I've contacted them about pricing and availability. I'm going to get a groupbuy pricing setup and try to beat this price as I get a very good discount.

I'm also a ferrarichat sponsor so the support is here.

Forza,
    Kevin

16. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Spoke with Veilside they still make the garnish and everything only thing they do not offer is the brackets.

They CANNOT make the tail light brackets. I made sure of this 3-4 times.

I can sell the kit however and list on that is $1,450.00. I will give 10% off to Ferrarichat.com members.

If you guys have any questions let me know at [email protected] or call 405-255-1803.

If anybody wants to let VeilsideUSA let them borrow their 348 they can make the bracket.

Forza,
    Kevin

17. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    what kind of turn around time would we be looking at after payment has been made?

18. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    And what exactly does this kit contain?

19. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Veilside quoted 6-8 weeks. Of course their usually pretty good on their times.

I'm looking into getting some brackets made. They won't be $550.00 either, unless you want them in 24k gold.

I'm really researching this with my guys right now.

MILotus- I'll know by tommorow, Veilside isn't on AIM anymore.

Forza,
    Kevin

20. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I like the rear bumper and the underside rear difuser...........especially if it will help high speed stability.

CIao........Dino

21. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Dino,

Yep and all this stuff is available. I will be adding it to my website this evening for anyone that wants to order.

Forza,
    Kevin

MILotus- This is what Veilside told me in regards of your question:

Veilside (6:25:49 PM): no car and no pic of bracket

Veilside (6:25:56 PM): i might be able to have president draw something

Veilside (6:26:35 PM): the 1450.00 is the price of the carbon piece surrounding the entire tail light from one side to the other side

Veilside (6:27:28 PM): what the end-user needs to do is buy the 355 tail lights housings and whatever else is required for them to function

What I'm going to do is put a complete kit ou the market. I am not sure how much I will charge for it but the brackets I'll charge less then $200.00 so the total price will be about $300.00 cheaper then if it was purchased by Veilside.

Forza,
    Kevin

22. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    So with the discount and the brackets...F-chatters are looking at $1500 give or take a few bucks...with a 6-8 week turn around time...Is this correct?

23. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    $1,450.00 with a 10% discount. Then about a little less then $200.00 for the brackets, assuming I can get them done by my regular guy, problem is I'll need a 348 in the Chicago area to let us use their car for a few hours to make sure 100% the brackets fit. I won't sell parts that haven't been test fitted.

Also, you still need the lights and whatever else that is needed to make the lights work. I am trying to do some research so I can see what I can do.

Forza,
    Kevin

P.S.-Is your name Aaron? Veilside mentioned that you had contacted them.

24. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    Yeap, im Aaron...yeah, i talked with them last week...Very nice people on the phone..so $1450-10%($145) = $1305 + $200 = $1500 (rounded off)....plus the 355 lights....i assume fitting the brackets will add onto the 6-8 week time frame...or is that included in it?

25. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Aaron,

Brackets will be finished as soon as I find someone willing to let me borrow their 348. It took me 3 weeks to find someone to let me borrow their F355 for the manifolds I put into production but that was in SoCal and Ferraris are much more abundant down there.

However we need the piece before we start the brackets but if we have it all planned out I can knock it out on the same day I receive the piece.

They also have the mold finished which means no group buy needed to get something back into production.

If worse comes to worse on the brackets I'll pay for the plane ticket to fly my guy out to somebodies 348 and have him do his things there.

Forza,
    Kevin